Skyrim: Elder Scrolls 5 coming 11/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am excited for the game, a lot. But equally worried. They could so easily make it worse and crappy.

On the scale of elder scrolls game this is comparatively tiny issue, but i would be so happy if they perfected AI. I loved Oblivion, but when i was in a house 200meters from any guards, with the door shut, and stabbed a guy in a back, i didn't expect guards to come running in knowing exactly where i was. If they fix that for this new one i will be very happy ! :D

I would also like larger, more life-like cities with lots of stuff to do and buy. Oh yes thats a biggie, lots of stuff to buy and make me unique. In my opinion there is nothing worse to spend 40 or 50 hours in a game and then look and be no different to every other person out there. As unlikely as it is, 50+ variations of armor would be nice. With the ability to then personalize your own slightly.

Does the ps3 version have this issue? I didn't play it that much, so I don't know.

I assume all versions of the game would have that issue. Small but big issues like AI usually carry to all platforms.

Ah, I thought maybe they would have fixed it since it came out a year later.

If you have read the press release you will know that Elder Scrolls V will be on a different engine than Oblivion. So I believe all those old bugs and issues will be gone.
This also promises a lot better graphics and maybe improved physics over the previous game.

I believe Skyrim is going to be one of the best titles of this year, lets hope it comes out as good as I dream it to be. With a lot of houses and incrediblly big world to explore.

I am excited for the game, a lot. But equally worried. They could so easily make it worse and crappy.

On the scale of elder scrolls game this is comparatively tiny issue, but i would be so happy if they perfected AI. I loved Oblivion, but when i was in a house 200meters from any guards, with the door shut, and stabbed a guy in a back, i didn't expect guards to come running in knowing exactly where i was. If they fix that for this new one i will be very happy ! :D

I would also like larger, more life-like cities with lots of stuff to do and buy. Oh yes thats a biggie, lots of stuff to buy and make me unique. In my opinion there is nothing worse to spend 40 or 50 hours in a game and then look and be no different to every other person out there. As unlikely as it is, 50+ variations of armor would be nice. With the ability to then personalize your own slightly.

Yeah i know. I modded the game loads.. i wasted 100+ hours of my life away on playing that game with mods. It was a blast. But of all the guard mods i tried, none were perfect.

If you have read the press release you will know that Elder Scrolls V will be on a different engine than Oblivion. So I believe all those old bugs and issues will be gone.
This also promises a lot better graphics and maybe improved physics over the previous game.

I believe Skyrim is going to be one of the best titles of this year, lets hope it comes out as good as I dream it to be. With a lot of houses and incrediblly big world to explore.

With a release date of November 2011, it unlikely to be out this year. I would expect a delay until end of January mid February. It's common practice for games to delayed these days. Especially when they are announced 1 year ahead of release date, that's a lot of time for something in its development to go **** up. I can't be sure, but i think Oblivion was delayed. However i don't think Bethesda are too bad in general, i dont remember FO3 or FO:NV getting delayed, but then i may be wrong. An advantage we have is they will really want the game to be out for the holiday season. And with a brand new engine, i'm pretty sure it's been in development for at least 2 years. So they may have had enough time to do everything properly and won't need any last minute delays like a particular racing game i know and love..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom