Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played it for like 30 minutes this weekend.. ON XBOX :angry: ... Anyways, it was fun.. Weird with a controller but it is coming a long fantastically. I may get it now :p

just got it on pc. looks amazing maxed out but im already experiencing graphics problems in some areas. moss/wall stones/grass disappear and then reappear as i look around. sometimes npc's and other textures go see through, and weird lighting going from dark to light outside. trees in the background also disappear and reappear causing annoying flickering. im running it on an hd6970. anyone else? hope it gets fixed soon

Fully maxed out with GTX 580 and I get some odd bugs as well. It happened a good bit in oblivion, and since skyrim is using the same engine (Yes, it is the same, just updated with the name changed, just look at the game itself...)

Expect to see things such as unloaded entities appearing in plain sight, white texture areas and line between objects in the ground such as a white line between the rock and grass sometimes. Bugs are almost unavoidable in games this large. I haven't encountered any truly game breaking bugs so its no big deal.

So far I'm really happy with this game. Except trolls are the deathclaws of this world now. A troll on adept difficulty kills me in two hits from full health, not to mention their very large health amount.

I broke down and played it for 30 minutes...
runs excellent on my 285, everything's almost maxed (minus one notch per setting) :thumbsup:

After playing for a while I can say I've gotten two or three crashes to desktop while just running around. Encountered a game breaking bug during the Alduin's Bane cutscene that caused Alduin to never show up. The characters yell "Alduin is Approaching!" and then you proceed to wait for him to approach...for ten minutes...and he still doesn't show up. Tried it again and again, same deal every time.

Fully maxed out with GTX 580 and I get some odd bugs as well. It happened a good bit in oblivion, and since skyrim is using the same engine (Yes, it is the same, just updated with the name changed, just look at the game itself...)

Expect to see things such as unloaded entities appearing in plain sight, white texture areas and line between objects in the ground such as a white line between the rock and grass sometimes. Bugs are almost unavoidable in games this large. I haven't encountered any truly game breaking bugs so its no big deal.

So far I'm really happy with this game. Except trolls are the deathclaws of this world now. A troll on adept difficulty kills me in two hits from full health, not to mention their very large health amount.
I haven't run across any graphical bugs besides the major FPS drop everyone from both camps is getting. The only actual huge bug game wise that has happened to a few people I know is the Edsward mute problem. He doesn't open the door, he has no voice, and the subtitles are super quick.

I broke down and played it for 30 minutes...
runs excellent on my 285, everything's almost maxed (minus one notch per setting) :thumbsup:
You should be able to max it on that rig depending on res.

For those of you wondering... My HD 5770 was detected by Skyrim and graphics were auto set to ultra. I added some AA and did high detail shadowing + water reflections and it's still running without any bogging down (specs are posted on first thread). Probably 35 -40 FPS on max settings. No crashing or bugs to report here and I've put some time on it.

I am currently having an issue however... Every time I start the game the client (launcher and client) completely disappear from the route file and desktop. Don't know what's causing this. but I'm having to re-install every time in order to play. It's not a steam version, it is a CD. Any thoughts?

All versions are Steam, even pirated ones.

What resolution are you playing at? It would explain why you can run it so good. My friend runs the game maxed with a 260 as well, but with a 19" LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom