Sim City 4 Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
Yes i know its a pretty old game, after all the modern stuff (FEAR, HL2, BF2) time to go back.

well it looks pretty good

anyone know where to find tutorials because i just can't seem to get Sim City 4 to work for me (not like installing) i build everything good, then my city just screws up. their tutorial doesen't really help.

I never quite understood how it works well, because when I play it, I've only ever really had one really successful city, and it just happened randomly, to be honest, this may sound stupid, but some advice I have for you is let your money run down completely, and then it will offer you business deals, (missle silo, military base etc), and that will help with money greatly, but I found that randomly it just suddenly jumped and worked, now my expenses are like... 12000, and income is like 20000, it just happens.

Anyway, yeah, google?

Charlie -

I'm sure the residents of his city won't like the missle silo that's being built down the road from them.

Back with 3 I always built the sludge factory right in the middle of town. ****ed everyone off, lol.

just follow the color grid on the city demands yellow for industry, blue for commercial, green for residential you cant build whatever just watch the charts you shouldn't have much problems.(Easy Money)What I like to do is build heavy/small industry near the high class residential opens up high tech buisness firms which gives you extra mula and less pollution.

put lots of trees around industrial areas to reduce pollution and use light industrial zoning. also, build lots of parks to increase land value. museums, libraries, and lots of schools increase the city's EQ.

My advise would be: don't expand too fast. You spend too much money and don't have the income to support what you've built. Also, take advantage of the neighboring cities. I had one good game go where I hade one city purely industrial and its adjacent city was purely residential with a little bit of commercial placed here and there. The region then boomed. Doing it this way you can build a big power plant, for instance, in the industrial city...sell the power to the residential city and not have to suffer the adverse effects of pollution and stuff in the residential city. Your ppl will still go to the industrial city for their jobs and stuff. Look at is as the region actually being one city with the squares being different subdivisions and play accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom