Sikkmod 1.1 For Doom3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
The sikkmod 1.1 mod is out.....and it is fantastic!

If you have not played Doom 3 in awhile...treat yourself as this version blows the last version away, big time!

If you have not played anything except vanilla Doom 3...treat yourself :p

Sikkmod v1.1 download - Mod DB

I know what you mean, it seemed as if most people either loved or hated Doom 3.

I loved it and will always remember my first playthru .....I played at night in the dark, with my sound up and headphones.

It was , still to this day one of my best gaming experiences...very atmospheric .

I am also a huge fan of the art style used...I just love the look.

I loved that whole era of gaming....Doom 3....FarCry...Half Life 2

I always wondered how anybody could not like Doom 3....but I do understand people's reasons.

I tried to get my son to play the game a few years ago in the dark and with headphones, but he did not like getting scared and jumping.

For anyone who actually liked Doom 3, or if by some how you have never played it....I highly recommend giving it a try...The Sikkmod is very well done and incorporates alot of settings that newer games today have.

HDR...Bloom...DoF..Motion Blur...Ambient Lighting..Soft Shadows..ect....ect...All settings at your finger tips so you can make the game look good to your own personal taste....Thanks Sikkpin , your mod rocks!

I would love to find away to add a high rez texture pack and not mess up the mod.

I personally think the game would have looked better (and felt better) if they had waited until after DX9c was the norm. There are only 2 engines that give me migraines due to bloatedness. Unreal and ID. After seeing Rage in the videos I think ID has fixed this, but I can't play any Unreal Engine games minus 1, and that's Mass Effect.

I think I'm still gonna download this for the archives though. I have tried playing Doom 3 several times. I loved Farcry and Half Life 2 though.

Yes...the game needs patch to 1.3

If you have an ATI card....disable Catalyst AI....that should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom