Sigh, blizzard letting me down again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
StarCraft II Multiplayer Panel at BlizzCon 2011 - BlizzCon

Read it, then look at what is being removed and added... Protoss once again gets screwed unit and lore wise.

I don't see how blizzard can remove units, that are meant to be in the end of the game, if anyone played WOL, they should remember the short protoss mini-campaign mid-game. That is basically the end-game for the sc2 series from the way I see it.

Towards the end of that final battle we have massive mother ships, and carriers like crazy. Blizzard is FINALLY seeing that something is very very wrong with protoss, as the latest patch it self, changes a LOT of costs for protoss, patch 1.4.1 increased the speed of the mothership dramatically to see if people would start using it. The issue is, no one uses it because, well, it's useless unless you wanna cloak units or risk flying half your fleet into a black hole, having planet cracker, time warp and such as beautiful, the mothership didn't cloak anything then, it was just an uber unit of ****.

Notice below that most all the balance changes are protoss? Yea, blizzard finally beefs protoss up some, but not in a good way. Getting a mass army wasn't difficult with protoss, the issue is, protoss doesn't have good abilities.
1.4.2 patch notes:
Code:
General
	“Alert Fade” under Sound Options has been renamed to Game Volume During Alerts. Its tooltips have also been changed for clarification.
	The fade-in for game sound during alerts changed from .5 seconds to 2 seconds.
	• Play-Time Schedule under Parental Controls now applies World of Warcraft settings to StarCraft II

Bug Fixes
	Fixed a truncation on specific resolution if the current and maximum supplies are 3 digits.
	Fixed an issue which prevented footprints from being edited in the Footprint Editor.
	Fixed an issue that caused the game to have missing icons and images on low end graphics cards.
Balance
	PROTOSS
		Forge
			The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 1 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 200/200
			The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 2 has been decreased to 225/225, down from 300/300
			The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 3 has been decreased to 300/300, down from 400/400
			The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
			The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250
			The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
			The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250
	TERRAN
		Ghost
			EMP radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5

Now, in HOTS, we loose mothership, and carrier, and are giving a tempest to replace them?
What is really sad is that the nexus is given the mass recall of the mothership (arbiter) and the nexus can now give a temp ability to ANY building that basically turns it into a photon cannon...

What blizzard could do, is in HOTS make the story line show why such powerful and noteworthy units are lost, or at minimum give us the battle cruisers and motherships they first showed. You have any idea how AMAZING it was to see the battle cruiser unleash **** on ground units below it in SC2 during the campaign and jim was being rescued.

Well, HoTS is a zerg xpac, and they got less new units than anybody. I understand what they did with the mothership, it was clunky really. It was either OP with an archon toilet bowl (until they nerfed it) or sorta useless. Mass recall was a cool feature cause you could use it offensively or defensively, but with the toilet bowl nerfed and the mothership speed it was still a relative paper weight. The new units look all right, the cannon ability is pretty useless except against 6 pools which only happen in like bronze/silver/gold league but it should help the newbies who don't realize what a 6pool is and don't wall off.

I think lore wise it's simply that protoss have developed newer technologies that replace the mothership and carriers and such . Honestly tempests > carriers. with the exception of HT storms there isn't any kind of AoE damage going out, and this will really help against muta harass and medivac drops.

And I don't think that protoss is worse off with all these changes, HuK and other pro-toss rarely uses motherships except against zerg on occasion so I'm really not concerned with balance changes from that perspective. We'll see how things change in GSL once HoTS hits.

Not everyone cares about the stupid "e-sports". -.-

The thing is, blizzard keeps ****ing around with ****, and it's trashing the game in the end. Activision can not make a game worth crap anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom