Should I get Supreme Commander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I can get it from Direct2Drive for I think $30, or for $53 with the expansion.

A couple of things I'd like to know

1) If I "acquire" it - will online still be an option?
2) Is the expansion worth it?

I'm gonna try the demo too to see if I actually like it.

Thanks.

on the subject of "aqcuiring", what's the best private tracker and how expensive is the subscription and what's security like? any way for companies to get precise data as to who's downloading what?

Just get the expansion by itself. It is a full game, as in you don't need the original to use it.

The game rocks fyi. Not great online since games take too long, but a great time killer.

I dunno...I couldn't get into it. I would rather play CoH or WiC if going RTS. SC was okay, but just didn't do it for me. That's just my opinion though. The graphics are pretty sweet, but again, other games are just as good.

I like supcom quite a bit. i have both the original and the expansion. IMO the expansion is constructed MUCH MUCH MUCH better. It's standalone and they also completely revamped the GUI and made it much better.

I say get both and play them through. ^_^ It is a big time consumer. WiC is great too, but unlike SC i find the battles just way too short to be any fun at all. very small scale 10-15 min battles -.- lol

i aquite a lot of stuff but i dont know anything about private trackers and such lol. I'll probably go buy supcom just because it's worth it.

Yeah get it, its a good game

If you want a real time killer, though, try Civ 4 (the complete edition is quite cheap now) Ive spent countless hours on that one.

I've played the expansion for a few hours, not thoroughly impressed, kind of over rated, not bad though. Company of Heroes is still the best RTS to date IMO.

No RTS game has yet to top Age of Empires 2, or even Age of Empires 1.

Age of empires 3 sucked.

why do you want to use a private tracker? go onto mininova and get it, ive been doing it forever, and its practically foolproof tracking wise

-edit if your really worried, get peerguardian 2

that will get you covered for longer rts, but if you want a really fast paced one, get C&C 3. nice game, and the graphics are really pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom