Should games be banned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I do not see why they have to ban some games. If you are 18, you are an adult, any game which is deemed unsuitable for under 15's/16's should be rated 18 no matter what the content.

So this means developers can develop games as graphic and gorey and explicit as they wish, it should be the choice of the adult of ages over 18 whether they wish to view this content, and mere warning at the start of the game saying ''any unlawful activities shall not be reproduced out side of this game, everything within the game shall not be deemed acceptible for references to be created to it anywhere but the game itself" etc.

I just don't see why they (the rating companies) should be allowed to restrict the content on games, yet show much more realistic gorey images on the news which can be seen by anyone.

No, stupid parents should be banned. People need to supervise their children.

Indeed. It shocks me hearing about the way some parents bring up their children these days.

Unfortunately games will always be prosecuted, along with all other forms of media because of parents being negligent and expecting the media to raise their child.

exactly, if your are old enough to die for your country then you should be old enough to enjoy a virtual game...(p.s. you can die for your country at the age of 17, but cant enjoy a cold one until 21, not fair imo)

No, stupid parents should be banned. People need to supervise their children.

I am talking about 18+ ratings here...

You can have parents that supervise there kids and not let them play these "no restricted content games" i am on about, but let anyone 18+ in the family make there own decision whether to play it.

but don't games have ratings???
why are they not enforced?

why can a 12 year old rent a game that has been rated 'T' ?
they cannot rent a 18A or R movie so what makes a game different?

i'd like to actually see these rating enforced.
as well, it is the parents job to enforce the 'morals', however the kid will just play it at someone else house who has an older brother..........

but don't games have ratings???
why are they not enforced?

why can a 12 year old rent a game that has been rated 'T' ?
they cannot rent a 18A or R movie so what makes a game different?

i'd like to actually see these rating enforced.
as well, it is the parents job to enforce the 'morals', however the kid will just play it at someone else house who has an older brother..........

They are enforced, in the UK you'd never get a game or a movie at a shop without proving you are of age, and even gaming and PC magazines they are required to check (and they do) we are the right age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom