Shogun: Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
Game Type: Turn-Based/Real Time Strategy
Price: 12-14 USD
Released: 2001

Synopsis: A strategy game that employs turn-based strategy as a clan leader in the fueding clans of 16th century Japan, your goal is total domination of all of Japan, which is divided into conquerable provinces. You control your forces on a map, with each one of your armies and spies represented as a 3-D piece.
Abilities include producing and moving armies of various time-appropriate soldiers, ninja assassinations, alliance forging, army bribes, etc.

Pros: Very addictive (or is that a con?), the 3-D Real Time interface and army command you control when defending or attacking an enemy is pretty good graphics and good gameplay with a LOT of intensity. Realistic strategy such as taking the high ground and choke points make it even better. The turn-based map has excellent options, allowing you to tax your people, grow farmland, make spy outposts, build castles, lay sieges, and more.

Cons: Numerous game glitches. After visiting the website you find out that downloading more recent drivers causes glitches, and the CD itself is not 100% fluent either.

Overall: Low-priced game, you get what you pay for and more. In spite of glitches, very very fun. Pick it up!

Turn based portion of game;
039_03_shogun_total_war_map.jpg

Real Time fights when your armies clash;
mikata.jpg

amazing game. i picked it up at staples for 9 dollars. It was an acceptional game, and one of the very little amounts of games i buy it was worth it.

really cool game pick it up guys.

Awesome game, the troops almost come to life with there own specialized history, recommend to all

-gkhan

Northbridge said:
I've got Medieval: Total War, its more expensive, but just as addictive and fun.
Ya, both are great. There's a new one in the series coming out, Rome: Total War. Looks very good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom