Shift 2 lag, patch fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ok well, I was never a fan of Shift 2 from the beginning. When I first played the starting race I knew EA had screwed up a good game (typical).

Well, few patches out and I'm willing to see if they fixed the handling issue. Indeed they have!....to a certain extent. Anyways, with patch 1.01 installed I now get lag issues. At first I thought it might have been hardware so I turned off AA, lowered shadows, and then lowered reflections. This apparently did no good so I turned texture res all the way down and still receive lag.

Here is my problem, and how I know it is the patches fault. When I first played this game I maxed it out no prob at a higher res (2048x1152) with AA on, transparency at 8x (forced), and forced 8xAA. Now, I'm playing with no AA and at a lower res of 1920x1200 (my 24" vs my 23"). I boot up the game and start a race and it plays lag free. As soon as I finish that race and load up another one the next race lags uncontrollably. The only way to get around this is if I quit the game and reload. This as we all know, is a serious problem.

Has anyone come across this, and has anyone found a way to fix this? Without the patch the game is useless to me as the old control style is way out of whack.
Edit: Seems trying to revert to stock didn't work. Going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Like I told you so far, the patch will only save you from EA's buggyness.
Update the game all the way fully and readjust your configuration also it be best if you stick with this 1920x1200
Truth be told you will get some lag time every once and awhile, also it may not be your computers fault if the cpu and video card usage is under 55%.
Anything above it and you see your game crashing and slamming down constantly I would look at whats going on in BG with your pc.

I know it isn't my computer fault. I played it without the patch with 8xAA 8x Transparency AA at 2048x1152 (my other LCD) with no lag and no every other race lag probs. The game is just crapola bro. Shift 1 is better so we can just play that instead lol. Which btw, my PC plays Shift 1 maxed without any OCs on the CPU or GPU. I iz impressed.

Mguire have a look at this here:
shift2unleashedsettings.jpg

Once your done, stroll on down here and get this:
Downloads | Need for Speed Racing Game

Do exactly what I said and you should have very little problems running this game.
Also for the tuning for cars I highly advised you look into youtubes video wiith people who have a high ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom