Shattered Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad game at all. I tried 2 maps out, and played fairly well for what I have. For default settings with 8XAA I got no lower than 30FPS, except when I hit the wrong hotkey for fraps, but I got a decent short video now. :p I highly suggest you get use to the controls. ;)

I actually participated in the closed beta. I couldn't talk about it here because of the NDA, but honestly it wasn't that great imo. There were a few updates applied after I quit playing so maybe there were some improvements afterward. The game is a cool idea and Futuremark has done a good job with development, but it's just not really my cup of tea. It is strictly MP...hence the lower price.

I actually participated in the closed beta. I couldn't talk about it here because of the NDA, but honestly it wasn't that great imo. There were a few updates applied after I quit playing so maybe there were some improvements afterward. The game is a cool idea and Futuremark has done a good job with development, but it's just not really my cup of tea. It is strictly MP...hence the lower price.

I do have to agree that it's not the greatest game. If you like MP games, this one isn't bad. I haven't played all that much, 'cause whenever I join a game, my ping shoots up to around 200-300ms throughout the whole entire game, close it out, takes about 5 minutes to get it back to 4ms that it usually is? Are there settings for my network, or firewall that I need to edit?

Yeah, dled it earlier today. I'm about to try it out on vista. Then I'm gonna upgrade to 7 and see how much of a performance boost I get.

I only had a chance to play it for a short amount of time (long enough to get my a** handed to me) but so far I like it. Its a fun change from GoW or Halo 3/ODST and the like.

It's really hard. It's slightly more demanding than crysis too. I get 5 fps less when I max everything, but I don't turn on AA or AF in Crysis.

After finally being able to actually play this game, it sucks! You get one gun, 3 types of genades (4 grenades only), shoot someone with an EMP grenade, distort them, for them to get a headshot on you, even though you were behind them and firing at them? WTF? This game needs patched, with new weapons, or add some DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom