Several games are crashing my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasthidingplace

Beta member
Hello, I am aware that there are a few similar topics to this one already here, but my problem seems to be more random than others:

Some, but not all, games crash my computer - and I mean, literally crash it. It doesn't restart, I have to physically do that, and sometimes I even have to system restore because when my computer boots up after one of these crashes, the processor jumps to 100% usage and I can't do anything - strangly, system restoring sorts that out, but doesn't resolve the crash issue. Also, seemably for no reason whatsoever, my computer will randomly beep twice - one beep per second. This just happens like I said with no real warning, and as far as I know, no reason whatsoever - but now I'm wondering if its significant to anything in particular.

The games in question were, previously, Doom 3, then Black and White 2, and now Need For Speed Most Wanted.

It's roughly about 10 / 20 minutes of gameplay that I get before it happens - sometimes the game will freeze for a few seconds, other times the crash creeps up on me without warning.

I have tried updating the drivers for my hardware, I have tried cleaning out my PC, I am currently defragging and disc checking, and I have checked all the diagnostics and compatability issues - everything SEEMS OK.

Please, someone, help me.

========

System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ [MMX, 3D NOW]
1022 MB Ram
ATI Radion 9800
Soundblaster Audigy 4 soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom