Set in stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom 3 actually looks pretty friggin nice a GeForce 4 mx 400. As for Oblivion, im am dying for that game. I think ill be able to do pretty well with my specs on it. I dont have PSM 3.0, but o well. Im betting that the devs will release a PSM 2 patch. they seem to be doing that a lot these days. ANyway, im after the gameplay and the AI, not the graphics.

I agree, a LOT of people here ***** about games requirements, and claim ridicusly requirements to play the game. They are idiots, dont listen to them. FEAR is a good example, it ran FINE on medium at 1024x768 on a 9600, yet people were *****ing about how you need a 7800gt to play the game.

Oblivion will run on low end systems, steeper requirements then FEAR I'm sure. Trust me they are not going to exclude 80% of thier market.

How will this game do if only a small percentage of PC owners can even THINK about playing it?!?

Its getting kinda silly if ya ask me. IMOPO, that is why I mainly stick to consoles and see PC gaming falling even further behind.

How will this game do if only a small percentage of PC owners can even THINK about playing it?!?

It wont. That's the point we're making. A crapload of people will be able to run it, just not necessarily at the best of the best graphics.

PC gaming for absolute maxed out graphics is getting ridiculous though. Especially if you start throwing in a PhysX card and whatnot, but as far as graphics, they will still be a bit above consoles, albeit, the tiny details.

Agreed. Thats kinda what I meant.

ALso, are those "PhysX Cards" those new cards that cost like......$1000?

No way Im doing that. Not for any game. LOL

ALso, are those "PhysX Cards" those new cards that cost like......$1000?
No, PhysX will be......if you couldn't conclude from the name, solely for physics processing. They will run probably somewhere in the mid-200's but are not even out yet. Well, they are in the making, but not mass produced, being sold on the market and being utilized yet. Unreal 2007 is supposed to take advantage of the physX cards. They will fit into your PCI-E 1x slots more than likely.

Technically, that should alleviate a huge loud from CPU's and GPUs so in the end, it may make upgrading the computer and getting awesome graphics cheaper.

Oh, sweet.

Yeah, I ASSUMED it had something to do with game physics. HAHA.

I thought that it was maybe a new card that I dont know the name of. Its like $960 on pricewatch.

I'm just a fool. I should have thought about my question before asking. :) You guys are right. There's no way they would make the game so demanding that it excludes the majority of its fan base. Still............I wanna max it out. LOL

what is oblivion? never played elder scrolls....is it like Baldur's Gate cept w/ better graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom