Sell me on FAR CRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The graphics... definately awesome ....
But what got me hooked on was it's AI .. Though playing it on Easy or medium difficulty doesn't bring out the best of the AI...

Demali .. small correction to what u said about the engine .. the engine is suppossed to be one of the plus points on the game ..it's not based on any engine from the past ... Crytek developed it's own engine for Farcry ... n' for I for one definaetaly think it's pretty revolutionary.

On a closing note ... the sys req's are a bit high to run the game on with a good framerate.

Demalii said:
...The engine for the game sucks, there's a lot of bugs in it.. I think it's the quake 2 engine...

???

There is no possible way that FarCry can ever be based on the Quake 2 engine. Hell no. FarCry has its very own DX9 engine. Quake 2 is still back in 6-7.

The engine does have quite a few bugs in it, but the game itself is very well done.

well ive heard its great... the graphics are insane.. and if u liked CS and games like that, then u should like this... kinda like a upgrade graphics from CS just in the Jungle instead!!

preet2u said:
The graphics... definately awesome ....
But what got me hooked on was it's AI .. Though playing it on Easy or medium difficulty doesn't bring out the best of the AI...

Demali .. small correction to what u said about the engine .. the engine is suppossed to be one of the plus points on the game ..it's not based on any engine from the past ... Crytek developed it's own engine for Farcry ... n' for I for one definaetaly think it's pretty revolutionary.

On a closing note ... the sys req's are a bit high to run the game on with a good framerate.

I object, I can run this game on my 2500+ and 9200SE at 1280x1024 with no lag whatsoever, it is on lowest quality, but with a game like FarCry, the graphics are stunning either way.

BTW, which setting do you turn up to see the dynamic bullet holes in the enemies, I kept tweaking around, but couldn't find it.

BLuEnGrEEnPC said:
well ive heard its great... the graphics are insane.. and if u liked CS and games like that, then u should like this... kinda like a upgrade graphics from CS just in the Jungle instead!!

No.

???... Pac0 ... ummm ??? love the way u broke that "no" down... and thats pretty much what it is... the graphics have be change ALOT!! and its alot of the same guns... just a few other mods done to it!!

Far Cry NEEDS a very updated system. Dont use no pentium celeron or some crap.. (i.e why I am upgrading) needs HT cpu's or amd 64's to play nicely. Internet is a joke SOMETIMES with over 10 people.. the lag is terrible... But 1st person is the most beautiful game I have played. The water effect is to die for. I recommend to anyone buying this game.. I convinced a friend to buy it... He didnt stop playing the game for 4 days straight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom