SC2 random crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Have any of you had any problems with SC2? Maybe it's a driver issue with the 8 series?

I don't do any one thing in particular for this to happen in game. At random times the game will pause, the screen gets choppy and the audio goes crazy. I hear blurps, tears, and other random sounds. I can CTRl ALT DEL my way out of it, but after I do, nothing runs normally. I can open up Chrome and the web pages look weird, even my start menu does. Steam is just a black box with nothing showing inside of it. All my gadgets either freeze or turn odd colors. It's like anything on the screen that requires moving or doing something, is blank or scrambled. When I open up a web page, and I scroll down, it scrambles the web page. A simple Windows restart fixes this, but it's a persistent problem with SC2.

This only happens after I close SC2, no other game. I can play Fallout NV, L4D2, and any other game for hours on end, and they all run fine. During SC2, my memory usage goes up past 3GB, with only SC2 and Steam open. I don't get a low memory message, but it seems when my memory usage goes up that high in the game, that's when it crashes. I have a gadget running that monitors my GPU temp, and it says 75C when in SC2, but when idle, it's at 60C.

At first I thought maybe it was taxing my computer too much. I'm able to play the game @ 1280x1024 (I know, I know, I need a new monitor haha), with everything on Ultra. So I turned everything down to High and some on Medium, but I still run into the same problem.

This could be posted in the HW troubleshooting section, as it could be my video card, but the only issue I have is with SC2, it sounds like a problem with the game.

It's an issue with the game, random people have reported random crashs and strange after effects.

I play the game just fine, but after coming out of game, my computer is bogged down heavily, and it takes FOREVER to do anything, makes map editing nearly impossible.

That's odd, the game effecting your computer after you quit? What's your memory and CPU usage? It's funny, I've played for the past two hours and I haven't had one single problem. It is random, definitely looking forward to a patch before I buy it. My buddy gave me his two 7 hour game passes to use, once it's patched I'll definitely get it. Still haven't tried the map editor yet.

I have an AMD Athlon x2 6000+ and 2GB of DDR2 800, the usage of both is low, but, the system doesn't seem to wanna use the RAM anymore after SC2, could be a windows issue, or sc2, but the fact that it only happens with sc2 confuses me.

Also, don't expect any sort of stability patch for sc2, Blizzard and Battle.net both state the game operates perfectly fine, and that people are imagining things, yet, a lot of people still report random issues with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom