Sandbox 2 Editor in Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yeah, by default what happens is the physics is somewhat independent of the actual game, if there is more physics than your computer can handle, only the physics aspect will lag whereas you can still move around quite smoothly. When you set the sys_physics_cpu 0, it tries to compute everything as a whole, the result of this is the entire game lagging, but when you use capture_frames 1 in your config (won't work in console) you'll get 1 frame per second, but you'll get a bunch of successive images in your Crysis folder that when put into a program like VirtualDub can be strung together to make a smooth video like the ones made on YouTube. I've tried it and it works very well with 3000+ boxes.

These people used specialized configs to eliminate certain crashing issues that had to do with particle effects, I mean, it's understandable with such a ridiculous amount of physics.

^Yeah, by default what happens is the physics is somewhat independent of the actual game, if there is more physics than your computer can handle, only the physics aspect will lag whereas you can still move around quite smoothly. When you set the sys_physics_cpu 0, it tries to compute everything as a whole, the result of this is the entire game lagging, but when you use capture_frames 1 in your config (won't work in console) you'll get 1 frame per second, but you'll get a bunch of successive images in your Crysis folder that when put into a program like VirtualDub can be strung together to make a smooth video like the ones made on YouTube. I've tried it and it works very well with 3000+ boxes.

These people used specialized configs to eliminate certain crashing issues that had to do with particle effects, I mean, it's understandable with such a ridiculous amount of physics.

oh gotcha. thats no fun at all though lol. would take **** long goign frame by frame as well. I'll just stick with a few hundred in realtime action XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom