Sandbox 2 Editor in Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
So, everybody here has been talking about playing Crysis...well has anybody messed around w/ the Sandbox editor? I decided to play around with it a bit more after watching some of the youtube vids of the physics stuff that ppl were doin with it... I found a tutorial on how to make a "shark level" so I'm doing that right now... I have about 10 sharks, and they're relentless when they go to attack you rofl. I'll upload it when/if I finish it, if ppl want to play it. Will also post screenies for those of you who want 'em.

I played aroudn with it a bit. Lots of stuff I don't know how to do, but I recreated that 3000 barrels thing..

Except with only like 1000... and it utterly obliterated my PC, beyond recognition.

What the **** is that guy running to make 3000!?!?

LOL not sure...but I remember that when he did blow up the 3000 barrels..he couldn't look into the explosion for more than like 2 sec or his comp would crash, rofl...

Oh, and also...I can't find where those darn explosive barrels are when I make a new map...do you remember off-hand where they are? I'd like to re-create some of those barrel-explosions xD.

oh i wasnt talkin about the explosion. even the falling barrels lagged. XD the explosion was retarded. wouldnt even display properly heh.

hmm, enteties/props/storage i believe soemthign along those lines. look for a 'storage' subfolder buried somewhere in one of the entities lists.

Haha... another cool vid I watched was of a guy that stacked like 50 pickups on top of each other, then they all blew up in a fiery tower...haha...he had some good music set to it too lol.

Wtf, I don't have a "props" folder...or anything with storage in it =\... Do I have to load an actual game map first rather than a custom one?

oh that might be it. i've never done the custom thing. dont know how. only looked at it for an hour the other day after watchign the barrel thing. lol

ah cool i'll check that out when i have more free time.

just spend some time messing aroudn with funny stuff. Making catapults and such XD

lots of barrels + somethign large and flat to sit on top + enemies = fun.

The guy who did the 3000 barrels thing did it pre rendered. Basically, the editor can be setup to take snapshot of a frame and make multiple snapshots of the frames to equal out to about 30 fps. There is a program that can take all those pictures and make a movie out of it, making it look like it's running smooth as can be.

I did it once, but it didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to.

The editor is amazing, it does a ton of stuff.

Yeah, I read on that's how he did it. pre-rendered or not, still quite crazy to do 3000 barrels on high quality settings, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom