S.t.a.l.k.e.r---woah!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hu_xu said:
I believe the leak version leaked as DX8. Anyways the models look fine not stellar (I still prefer HL2 models) but you're right the weapon models are excellent. Anyways I haven't played the leaked version but that is what some if not most of them who did say. Maybe you played it and think otherwise.

What really intrigues me about stalker is the gameplay and AI. The unscripted AI will be interesting considering HL2 after two plays is pretty much predictable.

Stalker has not been getting that much press here in NA as compared to FEAR and I think stalker will be better than fear. But I suspect that the fact it is developed in Europe has a lot to do with that. It looks good hopefully it will be released in 2005.

is it really DX8? when i played the leaked maps, i saw no apparent shaders or anything that is commonly found in Dx8. that would explain why it wouldn't run on my other computer with an mx440. the problem with the character models in stalker is texture issues. their just ugly textures!

fear is going to be interesting, its made by a very talented and compitent dev team. monolith made many great titles like avp2, no one lives forever 1, and no one lives forever 2! but they also made crap like contract j.a.c.k. i really don't know how the game is going to turn out.

speaking of fear, have any of you seen the minimum requirements?

1.7 athlon or P4
1024MB of ram
radeon 9500 and up

thats for the multiplayer demo. that is some bad optimization. people say that fear often comes to a slideshow on FX-55's and 6800 GT's!! not only that, but HL2 and doom3 have better visuals and run like butter on those machines.

Bwhahahahahaha noone lives forever was a lame james bond knockoff IMO

If it's a make or break game, the second it comes out im buying it. Even if i do aqquire a pirated version, it will make me want the full game more.

While the world detail is breathtaking, the models are an eyesore. I have confidence they will fix that before the games release. Is this based on its own engine, or is it the UT2004 engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom