S.t.a.l.k.e.r---woah!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubis will have his say on this, I'm sure it was him talking about this game a-while back now. :) Looks nice though!

Whens it coming out, and yeah I remember nubius had a big post on it... I cant wait, hopefully i'll be able to play it on high settings :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
Looks nice, but they need to work on their models

Actually a lot of people who played the leaked version which leaked YEARS ago think the models look better than the models in HL2 as do the overall graphics despite it being DX8.1. Now Stalker has DX9 features.

Anyways, Stalker has been delayed so many times nobody knows when its coming out. It is the European HL2 but it incorporates certain gameplay elements that can change the face of FPS and its AI is nonscripted unlike HL2.

Stalker has a bunch of hype and was originally suppose to be release in like 2003. Hopefully it gets released and doesn't end up in vapourware fame like Duke Nukem Forever whose development is a complete joke.

yeah, the models look like crap. the weapon models look really good though. the leaked version ran on Dx7 and it looked OK. if you have seen the new Dx9 video's, Stalker now supports normal mapping etc... you can see those video's on www.stalkerfiles.com

The models are bad from a design point of view and not a graphical engine point of view

The dude's arm is bigger than his head

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
yeah, the models look like crap. the weapon models look really good though. the leaked version ran on Dx7 and it looked OK. if you have seen the new Dx9 video's, Stalker now supports normal mapping etc... you can see those video's on www.stalkerfiles.com

I believe the leak version leaked as DX8. Anyways the models look fine not stellar (I still prefer HL2 models) but you're right the weapon models are excellent. Anyways I haven't played the leaked version but that is what some if not most of them who did say. Maybe you played it and think otherwise.

What really intrigues me about stalker is the gameplay and AI. The unscripted AI will be interesting considering HL2 after two plays is pretty much predictable.

Stalker has not been getting that much press here in NA as compared to FEAR and I think stalker will be better than fear. But I suspect that the fact it is developed in Europe has a lot to do with that. It looks good hopefully it will be released in 2005.

STALKER is a make or break game. They are tryng to experiment with a totally new concept. Now if they pull it off it will be f**king awesome and will pwn HL2's ass and rape Doom 3 even worse.

But then again if it flunks, then it will be a forgotten title that everyone thinks abuot as, what if they did this or what if they did that.

Personally i think it will flunk (i mean i hope it doesn't), but ultimately i think it will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom