S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost (A game entirely too overlooked at E3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berserk Exodus

Beta member
I urge you to check this game out. It was entirely too overlooked at E3. Here is a set of links to let you know all about this game. It could very well be our next 'Sleeper Hit'...

7 preview links: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/540331.asp

The official site:

http://www.stalker-game.com/index_eng.html

Let me give you a taste of the story of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Oblivion Lost:

"April 12, 2006, 02:33 p.m.
Chernobyl zone was lit by an intolerably bright light. The clouds were evaporating in the silver bright sky with a thunder and earthquake to follow. People fell on the ground facedown closing their bleeding eyes and ears. The glow spread over an immense territory which was subsequently called the Zone. People ran away saving their lives. It looked like a radioactive explosion at the nuclear plant occurred. The army sealed off the Zone...

The explosion epicenter was a kilometre away from the nuclear plant. Obviously, some tests had been held there and they caused the disaster. Presumably, the entire personnel died within seconds, but still there was a probability of survivals among the staff. It appeared impossible to arrange a rescue operation, as the Zone was characterized by strange energy disturbances posing mortal danger to the explorers. Attempts to use robots were unavailing. Several months after the accident the crisis situation peaked when the Zone abruptly grew five kilometres bigger. People from nearby towns and villages were urgently evacuated, and the peril of a difficult-to-imagine scope loomed over the world.

Year 2008
The Zone exploded, radioactive clouds covered vast territories. A dreadful amount of people, animals and forests perished. Thirty kilometres of the area got cordoned off by the army, scientists failed to explain what had happened. The Zone grew, various death-bearing anomalies were spotted inside. Some invisible force tore living beings apart, inflicted awful blood-sputtering wounds. Expeditions faced mutant animals, unlikely to have appeared in the Zone through natural course of evolution. The catastrophe, mutants, anomalies, contaminationÂ… Everything appeared to be a consequence of some eerie phenomenonÂ…

Year 2010
First expeditions can enter the Zone several kilometers deep without mortal danger . Amateur researchers, marauders and poachers, called stalkers, show up. They move around the Zone searching for various anomalous formations, i.e. artifacts, they would sell to various organizations. "

A few screenshots:

sb_xray_34.jpg

sb_xray_19.jpg

sb_xray_16.jpg

sb_xray_03.jpg

Don't mean to bump this thread, but WOW. I finally get to see the screenshots (my internet at home is too slow). I know I will be looking forward to this game. And talk about some lifelike graphics! I wonder how well my X800 Pro will handle it. :confused:

Sad for this game that San Andraes , Halo 2 and Half Life 2 came out when this is nearing it's release because this game looks better than better. It, no doubt will end up in my collection. One thing about this though...if this game doesnt get a whole lot of publicity then it will sell for cheaper. Imagine what will happen if we get an A+, Game of the Year game for $40? I think I might just have to start wheeping.

I do remember some one pointing out this game to be a few months back. It does look good.

It's some thing i might look into after I finish HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom