S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you change the LTX file....you need to change one thing from false to true.....then install the mod....it should say in the readme file that came with the mod.

Really Whirlwind? It seems like you've played quite a few games this year? I can't remember all the ones you've posted screenshots for. Can you sum up for us the games you think this beats? I'm curious to know because I've never tried to play any of the stalker games. They look interesting, but there are so many games out there. It's hard to get to them all.

I'm glad it's not just my copy that looks ****, tbh IMO the graphics are **** bad. I got all excited about DX11, then turned everything up to max and played...and it looked bad.

The grass fades off into the distance, which totally kills the realism for me (and yes, I turned the view option up to max). If you stand a few meters away from a tree, you can already see the lines and how horribly sketchy they look. Same goes for all the shrubbery in the game, horrible.

Compare it to something like Crysis, Mass Effect 2 or BFBC2, and the difference is just phenomenal.

Gameplay is great, but with graphics that are *close* to being good but not-there-yet, I couldn't really get into it.

They havent really changed much to the engine for each game so the graphics look pretty much the same as when it came out years ago. Thats why i was interested in this mod but still not that graphically appeasing to me.

Really Whirlwind? It seems like you've played quite a few games this year? I can't remember all the ones you've posted screenshots for. Can you sum up for us the games you think this beats? I'm curious to know because I've never tried to play any of the stalker games. They look interesting, but there are so many games out there. It's hard to get to them all.

This is better than the following single player games that I have played this year.

Batman Arkham Asylum
CoD MW2
Cod WaW
BBC2 single player
Wolfenstein 2009
Brothers In Arms Hells Highway
STALKER ClearSky

This game is so much fun....I love it...it is not as good as Fallout 3 for me....but it is by far the best of the Stalker games and it is huge fun for me.

You played metro as well. This beats that too?

No...I can not say it is better than Metro 2033, even though Metro 2033 is a linear game and not open ended at all, I still very much enjoyed the game.

I would describe Metro as a combination of Stalker and Doom 3.....but it is pretty linear.

I will say one thing about Call Of Pripyats weapons...when you find the right weapon and get it fully upgraded....you can take down the enemy from half way across the map :tongue:

Well.....I have finally made my way to Pripyat....man, i don't want this game to end. :tongue:

I can honestly say that even though this engine is not fully optimized, that I still think it produces some of the best lighting that I have personally even seen in a game.....it is truely spectacular, even in DX 9.

4711294095_1f5d50069a_b.jpg

4711293965_ee01cbeb67_b.jpg

4711294235_825bd11799_b.jpg

4711293793_f2faba8933_b.jpg

4711934728_793ec17f41_b.jpg

4711934898_5858cc0d48_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom