S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two patches out for the game, 1.001 and 1.003. The second patch just came out, and comes in four flavors; US, non US, US from 1.001, non US from 1.001.

You should be able to find them at most of the game file sites.

I kind of expect they haven't fully addressed the crashing but i'll certainly be giving that a go - I hope this patch doesn't invalidate your save games like the first one.

At first I didn't like the poor accuracy, but as you progress you get better guns... more accurate guns. Since then I have been enjoying it so far, even only on med settings.

I actually find the guns pretty much the best part of the game - there are loads of them with the correct ammo types etc. and they're well modeled - the accuracy is believable and you get ricochet and gun jams. one thing I dont like is that I think they've mirrored the actual gun models so that the brass ejects across your face - thats just stupid, plus it means some of the scopes are slanted off to the right rather than the left... retarded.

Due to crashes and just plain laziness, I couldn't pass the part where you have to travel through the underground tunnel to steal the documents in that base. I eventually just sat down and told myself that I wouldnt stop playing until I beat that part. I did and am very happy I did because now the game got much more interesting. New guns are popping up everywhere. Thanks to the new patch , I can finally do the mission with The Duty where you infiltrate the Freedom base.

Hmm.. For me Stalker have never crashed..

Does any one know if those guy that doing Vehicle mod have it finished?

actually I played the game from start to finish and every mission twice and never had it crash on me.

what I get tonnes of look like actual code errors - Access violations in the main .exe or .dll's things like frustrum:: polyclip()+125 and that sort of mumbo.

You think it might be because I dont have the latest version of .net?

I'd estimate i've had in excess of 200 crashes so far.

I also get weird performance variation - One minute it'll be running at about 20 fps then in exactly the same area and conditions i'll be getting 100-200 fps

how can it be a performance issue if my standard fps is around 100-200fps?, its not like the frame rate is dropping when there is more stuff on the screen it just does it totally randomly and only for like 30seconds every 5mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom