S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not realize that the game had such batch crash glitches. Makes me wonder if I will regret purchasing it (bought it online cheap the other day, waiting on delivery).

I did not realize that the game had such batch crash glitches. Makes me wonder if I will regret purchasing it (bought it online cheap the other day, waiting on delivery).

It does have issues, but it is very much worth the experience Diceman.

Just make sure you keep a few saved games, 3 or 4....and save often.....then you can just restart the game and not lose much progress.

I'll kep that in mind when the game arrives in the next few days. Now, to just decide on a new video card so I can get a better playing experience out of the game.

yeah It seems like a really good game, I just wish it would stay up for atleast 10 minutes at a time

Considering it has actully proven to be a decent selling game I am suprised they have not released any patches to help with the crash errors yet.

At first I didn't like the poor accuracy, but as you progress you get better guns... more accurate guns. Since then I have been enjoying it so far, even only on med settings.

I've been looking around and there are a bunch of tweaks that can improve the stability of the game, the main one being disabling the prefetching by using the runtime parameter -noprefetch

I changed my graphics drivers to ones specifically tweaked for my card and it hasn't crashed since so maybe it was the drivers at fault for me - but then again I just left the yentar region so it could also be that that region is more buggy than the others.

I have officially stopped playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The incoherency of the way the missions are organized is enough to drive me up a wall. I am done with it unless it is completely modded or overhauled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom