S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really know your cpu but I would say that is one of your problems. Stalker has a very strong and in-depth AI system and that takes a good cpu to run. Is that a dual core? Im no expert but thats one thing I see in your specs.

Oh and your RAM is only DDR which will slow you down a bit in these big worlds.

yeah you're right I guess, I'm just peeved because i'm waiting to upgrade to K10. As for my processor it (and the FSB) is the major bottle-neck of my system.... Dual core my buttocks :D its a K7

Can I run the game even at the lowest of the lowest settings with these setup?

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 939
MSI K8N Neo-F
1GB DDR400
GF 6200 TC

Can I run the game even at the lowest of the lowest settings with these setup?

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 939
MSI K8N Neo-F
1GB DDR400
GF 6200 TC

I think you probably need to upgrade that graphics card. You do meet the minimum specs with that card so it might be playable, I wouldn't guarantee it though.

The crashes are normal.....you just have to live with them.....still it is worth the crashes....just save often!

Love that "Shodan" avatar!

at times i'm only getting between 1 and 10 minutes play before it CTDs though.. Is that what everyone is getting? Its almost unplayable.

OK....my crahes were only bad at the end of the game....I had one instance when all 3 of my saves crashed.....it was ok after I made a new saved game.

If you are crashing with every saved game you have.....then I don't know about that problem.....the game does have some issues with crashing for sure.

I never crashed until I was about 80% thru the game....then I had a few from there on out.

I use the quick save feature heavily so how can it be a corrupt savegame causing the problems?

Note it never crashes on saving or loading.. just random times playing the game. Its been really bad for me around Lab x16, I was playing last night and I could clear out a space of about 20-30 yards then it would crash again... So to make any progress I need to quicksave every 30 seconds or so.. its bloody stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom