S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is crap, even with the patch, I can't play with any form of dynamic lighting. Even if the rest of the settings are on low.

The little bit that I have played is amazing, but it does run like crap on alot of PC's, including mine. A lot of people of the forums think there is some sort of memory leak. I'd wait until they patch it some more becuase I heard future patches will still render your saves unusable.
I think the problem some people have with the walking is the head bob, gives some people motion sickness, or they just don't like walking around everywhere because there are no vehicles or any fast travel/warping whatever you want to call it.

I played this all weekend and I will have to eat my words of earlier. This game is pretty freaking cool. The realism is amazing. The whole "live simulation" aspect (where all NPC's are run by AI and are living out their own world gathering artifacts etc.) is really cool. Once you get past the ***** weapons at the beginning of the game and get used to how things work it is pretty fun. I like the day/night cycles too. I had to wait forever for night to come so I could raid an army camp...that is pretty realistic IMO.

I haven't had any problems with bugs thus far, which is really rare for a first release. Once in a while the game will take a long time to load and the menu will be really sluggish, but if I reload it things run fine. Maybe I just go lucky. Still running at all settings maxed and it is pretty smooth through most parts, until I get to like the Bar where there are alot of NPC's and the CPU has to crank.

This game is crap, even with the patch, I can't play with any form of dynamic lighting. Even if the rest of the settings are on low.

No offense but the reason it runs like crap on your computer is because your computers are crap in today's standards. One of your comps has an fx5500!!! My old iMac has one of those, haha. Your other one has a 6800 which are known to be pretty good cards but it is old and this is a brand new game. The minimum requirements aren't too bad but notice the word MINIMUM, thats there for a reason. I have bought games in the past where I have been only a bit ahead of the minimum requirements and the game barely works. Its technology buddy, it improves, its how they make money. Just cuz you can't run it on your old computers, doesn't mean this game sucks. It's an awesome game.

I don't like the game at all. Granted, I have not played a whole heck of a lot of it, but what I played really dissaponted me. First of all, there are all of these menus in the way. It is distracting and confusing. The game has an inventory, AND a PDA. You start off with no real tutorial, and that would be fine if it were not for the complexity of the game.

You start out, and you have to do quite a bit of walking to get anywhere. The grass is doing really wierd things, and the weapon's graphics are quite horrid. Then you get to shooting. I threw three caps in a dood's head and he is still firing back?! Ok, so this game has nothing do with how good your headshot skill is...nice.

I finally, after 1/2 hour, manage to kill 8 people (keep in mind I played this on the second to easiest setting), and then I get killed by a dog after I shoot him twice with a double-barrel shotgun.

Bah! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. really dissapointed me. I might get into it when I get REALLY bored, but I really am in dismay. Even @ max settings, with my 8800GTS, the graphics still aren't even all that impressive. I am just glad I did not spend 50$ on this game. I was lucky enough to play it at a friend's house before I wasted my hard-earned money on it.

It is distracting and confusing. The game has an inventory, AND a PDA. You start off with no real tutorial, and that would be fine if it were not for the complexity of the game.
That was my original complaint as well. I spent a good two to three hours of gameplay before I started over because it was confusing. After playing for quite a while now it isn't as bad and I'm used to the system. Another confusing thing is when you get new information from people...there is no way to tell what's new and what's already been read. That is pretty lame when there is so much to read! Overall though, this is a good game. There are a lot of realistic aspects to it.

its really quite hard this game but once you get into it , very rewarding. Even playing it on low settings the graphics are pretty good.It took me about 1/2 hour to learn the game's system(pda and stuff) but it was definetly worth it . Those who are finding it to learn the system ; bear with it , you wont regret it.

...There something that I don't like is that when you talk with someone, he doesn't speak...
Exactly! One of the things I didn't like about it, was reading the conversations, and choosing replies
Another thing was the objective point on the compass isn't clear at all. Like the second one was in a truck or something, and I got shot sneakin up to it. I got shot because I got to the point and nothing happened. Guess I didn't listen well enough in one of those "speak-and-spell" conversations.

The game looks good but the engine is rather ineffeciant. You can see my specs below and I can run HL2 on 1280*1024 with med/high settings and get an fps of between 60 and 120. On stalker I have to run in DX8 just to get an fps over 15!!

I know i've got a old computer but it is perfectly capable of running med/high dx9 graphics on an even remotely well put together game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom