running Cellfactor: Revolution with 8800 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
anyone tried running "PhysX Accelerator enabled" in Cellfactor: Revolution with an 8800 GTX n it still worked? Reason i ask is because i read that the 8800 GTX has its own Physics engine, correct? So shouldnt that mean u can use the 8800 GTX's physics engine to replace the physics engine in Cellfactor: Revolution?

im just curious........because im planning on getting the HD 2900 XTX n hopefully a PhysX Accelerator for PCI-E, when it becomes available that is.

No, I don't think so. I think that only works when you have Dx10 enabled.

Don't get a PhysX card it's a waste.

No, I don't think so. I think that only works when you have Dx10 enabled.

Don't get a PhysX card it's a waste.

well to give u a heads up, im planning on getting Hellgate: London, n some future games that support the PhysX Accelerator. I think Crysis is one of them.

but i also did read that the HD 2900 XT n XTX have a physics engine on the cards themselves too, but i could be wrong.

Nvidia uses a physics engine called havok it wont just replace the physics card needed to run some of the cell factor levels. They both require coding for and considering cellfactor is to showcase the usefulness of the physics card it wont support havok.

Although after playing cellfactor its a mess terrible textures, rubbish menus and lags like ****, sure i may only have a 7900GS and E6600 with 2 gigs but Iv heard people with 8800`s and the physics card itself get poor performance.

Nvidia uses a physics engine called havok it wont just replace the physics card needed to run some of the cell factor levels. They both require coding for and considering cellfactor is to showcase the usefulness of the physics card it wont support havok.

Although after playing cellfactor its a mess terrible textures, rubbish menus and lags like ****, sure i may only have a 7900GS and E6600 with 2 gigs but Iv heard people with 8800`s and the physics card itself get poor performance.

ya, i saw a lot of bad reviews about it on gamespot.com, but like i said, im gonna plan on getting Hellgate: London, creators of Diablo 1 n 2, n it will support the PhysX Accelerator, so eventually ill get a one.

well to give u a heads up, im planning on getting Hellgate: London, n some future games that support the PhysX Accelerator. I think Crysis is one of them.

I read many articles that say that Crysis is not going to support PhysX Accelerator.

but i also did read that the HD 2900 XT n XTX have a physics engine on the cards themselves too, but i could be wrong.

Yes they support physics
ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 2900 Series - GPU Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom