To run Call-Of-Duty 2 smoothly.. bang-4the-$ video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greentoothed

Solid State Member
Ok, I am through with Nvidia card.
It could be the way I installed it, whatever I don't care.

Im having so much error and trouble with this ATi 9950 graphics card.
Im going back to Geforce. I play games like COD2 which requires alot of performance out of graphics card.

Im not a hardcore game player however, so I don't want $400 graphics card.

I want something under $200, that is most bang for the buck.
I know I shouldn't expect to run COD2 @ high resolution with 500fps, but something rather make it run smoothly.

With my current ATi 9950, all the details are set to low, and screen still lags. Probably like 10fps or low when more performance is needed(ex. once you use smoke grenades, it becomes slide-show).

What would you guys recommand?
I looked into Geforce 6800. Any suggestions?

Call of Duty 2 is the most demanding game out today I think. I have problems running it at 1280x1024 on my PC, you really need a 7800 GTX 512MB or 2 7800GTX 256MB SLI to max that game out with a res of at least 1280x1024 and have a framerate consistently above 40 fps.

First, make sure you are playing at 1024x768, the standard resolution, its extremely demanding at anything above that. Second, drop it to DirectX 7 mode. DX9 mode absolutely kills the graphics card. Third, If you want to play it with the eye candy but dont want to spend $2000+ on a gaming rig, get yourself an Xbox360.

The reason why COD2 is so demanding is becuase the engine is so **** inefficient; it's not the graphics that make it so demanding it's the poor programing.
(Quake III + DirectX9 = bad engine).

Yeah, i remember reading that all CoD 2 uses is a modified Quake 3 engine. I say its time to let that engine die....and take up the Doom 3 or Source engine as the standard.

I dont know how you guys have such a hard time runnin CoD2. My system runs it turned all the way up with everything no lag whatsoever. I run at 1280.1024. Anyways get the 6800gs agp. You can unlock the pipes on it and it'll be better then the 6800gt.

6800 GS all the way dude, thats the best one for the price right now.

I have a 6800GT and i have to admit that the game really push my PC a little.

i have a 7800gt, and run on max except lighting on more, but it still only get about 40 average, it's demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom