RTS games out this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboy

Daemon Poster
Just wondering if there are any big RTS games being released this year? I'm an avid RTS gamer but only really like futuristic RTS games, so Empire: total war hasn't interested me.

I got Dawn of War 2 but to be honest it was overly RPG for my liking, I don't like the fact there is basically no base building of any kind.

I'm liking red alert 3 and it's download only single player expansion pack Uprising.

I know Starcraft 2 is supposed to be out this year.....we'll see about that lol it'll probably end up being a 2010 release.:p. Also heard about some game where you use cards to give your troops special abilities but I checked it out and it was just huge armies fighting on weird arenas in the sky, didn't look like it would have any story and I do like campaigns, the C&C3 and kanes wrath campaigns rule.

So bar starcraft 2 if it ever comes out, are there any other futuristic RTS games being released this year or early 2010?

I'd tell you to give dow2 another shot, and wait for starcraft II. I haven't heard of anything else. Therefore, if there is anything else, it isn't a "Big" rts.

I haven't heard of any other rts games yet to be released besides starcraft at all even. I would play them if they weren't futuristic. Dow2 is actually my first futuristic one. I guess Empire Earth had some future stuff, but I just played industrial age all the time.

Total annihilation yes its old but my god got to be one of the best games ever made for this genre. It was the first game that pretty much defined futuristic sci-fi rts.

Total annihilation yes its old but my god got to be one of the best games ever made for this genre. It was the first game that pretty much defined futuristic sci-fi rts.

I just saw this at our Big Lots store, for like $8

You could try the Spring version of TA. Its suppose to be very similar to the original but with newer graphics. Haven't played it myself but heard its pretty good.

The Spring Project

Dawn of War 2 is a good game. Lack variety but is a good game overall. I do like the first one more right now until DLC comes to DoW2.

Isn't Supreme Commander the sequel to TA? I have it, but it didn't really catch on. It's not really my kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom