Rockstar Responds to GTA IV PC Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Rockstar Responds to GTA IV PC Issues

Rockstar has responded to the slew of bugs found in the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV. Shacknews has also posted a lengthy list of error codes and what they mean.

Following reports of game-breaking problems with the recently-released PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV, publisher Rockstar has issued a statement, acknowledging that it is "aware that a small number of fans are having problems running GTA IV."

You know its bad when a company is forced to officially admit fault...though I love how they use the word "small number of fans" :) PR damage control is so hilarious

I still plan to get the game...hopefully come mid january it will be more stable

I disagree, PC only games tend to be stable ... but even multiplatform ones that aren't actual ports still have stability issues in my experience.

What was the last big release that was specifically for PC? It seems everything is turning multi-platform now days.

And the people in this forum still argue about game stability and the superiority of PC gaming over consoles. Makes me laugh.

thats because the PC versions are usually far superior in terms of controls, graphics, mod support, free DLC, etc etc

Heck compare TF2 and COD4 to their console varients which are undeniably far inferior. TF2 doesn't get free DLC and has terrible controls, and COD4 even is missing a few controls like leaning!

If by superior you mean crappy stability then I guess you have a sound argument.

Plus, you're spending hundreds of dollars extra to get the better graphics ... which doesn't necessarily make a crappy game any better.

If by superior you mean crappy stability then I guess you have a sound argument.

Plus, you're spending hundreds of dollars extra to get the better graphics ... which doesn't necessarily make a crappy game any better.

hundreds of dollars extra? I see you hold the common gaming compuer misconceptions to be true, it only takes about $600 now adays to build a nice system with a ati 4850 or gtx 260 with a quad core processor and 4 gigs of ram which is far superior to the xbox 360 or ps3 ( ps3 only has 512 ram...heh ). Game stability may not be as strong as with the consoles ( depends on the game, cod4 was rock solid on the pc), but the increased support, superior graphics and functionality, and of course controls, I think PC gaming takes the cake. Oh and they don't nickel and dime u like what sony and microsoft are doing.

hundreds of dollars extra? I see you hold the common gaming compuer misconceptions to be true, it only takes about $600 now adays to build a nice system with a ati 4850 or gtx 260 with a quad core processor and 4 gigs of ram which is far superior to the xbox 360 or ps3 ( ps3 only has 512 ram...heh ). Game stability may not be as strong as with the consoles ( depends on the game, cod4 was rock solid on the pc), but the increased support, superior graphics and functionality, and of course controls, I think PC gaming takes the cake. Oh and they don't nickel and dime u like what sony and microsoft are doing.

"Gabbed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom