Remebering the good-ol' days..

Status
Not open for further replies.
starcraft (though not old) was my first true addiction.

before that there was some Gizmos and Gadgets.

there were so many good older games that i dont remember the names of.

DynoTycoon? i still say that game is impossible to go +month 5

DOOM!!!!!! FTW. I played and conqured the first three episodes on a 486SX, 4MB of 90ns RAM, a 256 mb HDD, AT Motherboard, 15in CRT, no sound, Win 3.1/DOS 6.22, and I went on to play DOOM II. I was having the hardest time with the last level. I grabbed some cheats, put em in and proceded to battle it out. two hours latter, the entire level littered with enemies, I was killed. I didn't sleep for two days after that. I remember my dad playing, first episode. I can't remember the level, but anyway a pink demon was running up to him. He had just ran out of ammo and pulled out the beavertail. The Demon turned tail and ran. So dad, being the vindictive person that he is, ran the demon down. It was awesome.

Well I first played a demo disk which had DOOM. Right away I started playing this game and that is when I got my full version of DOOM and heretic. Once I got that I bought pretty much any game from id, so Wolf3d was next on my list. Heretic was okay I guess, but Hexen is an absolute masterpiece. A lot of my favorites used the GZDoom engine (the one DOOM used) and games like BLOOD and Witchhaven (I think it used the engine) were great.

I am dieing to get my hands on a copy of the original BLOOD since I lost my first disk to it. It's almost impossible to find anymore.

I first got into PC gaming, until our computer got too old to run any new games and my brothers got a SEGA genisus and I started to play on console for a long time, until I was able to get a new computer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Unit-Whole-...c-Passage_W0QQitemZ250078962499QQcmdZViewItem

I'm so tempted to get this but it costs 100 bucks because the game is so dam rare, but then again it does have extra stuff.

EDIT: nvm, just had a mental breakthrough and stopped to have a visit at piratebay... ;)

Bloody Paw, some animal fighting game thought it was sweet, then got Diablo and DII and it was all over.

The first games I played were the Commander Keen and Duke Nukem games. Nothing like good old side scrolling action. The first games that really got me into gaming were Warcraft 2 and Diablo.

Doom 2, Lemmings, Bio-Menace, Word Quest, Math Quest, Raptor.

I was raised on Id and Apogee titles.

I started with these games (no particular order)

Beasts (old DOS game)

beasts.jpg

Commander Keen (don't remember what version, though)

keen4e_001.png

Wolfenstein 3D (I only had the shareware demo, but I played it millions of times using "ILM" :p)

shot1.jpg

C&C 1 (ofcourse).

cc3.jpeg

Doom 1 & 2

1.jpg

doom0001.jpg

Quake 1

glquake.jpg

Duke Nukem 1 & 2

duke1_1.jpg

334.gif

Status