Red Alert on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, just to say there was a release of all the C&C games on 1 dvd called the first decade. If you cant get red alert working then buying that would probably do. As I have it and all the C&C games work fine.

It was what I had to do. This has been covered loads of times on the internet. Booting from Last known good configuration worked for me.

i have the soviet campaign of RA and it works on windows. they relaeased it free with some pc magazine, but i only bought the first month which was the soviet campaign, but didnt get the allied one. oh well great game.

Thanks for all ur help everybody. Does anybody no how much the C and C decades or whatever would cost?

i think it's like 40 bucks. also, i found a patch online to play Red Alert on XP as changing the compatability functions under properties got me nowhere. you need to install red alert first and then download the patch. i forget how i found it (it is slightly hard to find) but it's all about the way you google it. try "red alert XP update patch". the patch is actually just a bunch of .dll's you need to replace in the c:\westwood\redalert directory so that red alert can run properly. worked well enough i could play my buddy 56k style over my college phone network. all i had to do was dial his extension :] ahh the good old days of easy compatability!

my problem is is that i can't install it at all. when i put in the disk the installation guide comes up then a pop up tells me that Red alert only works on 95 or 98......................then it says accept or cancle either one u press brings you back to the desktop automatically exiting the installation process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom