Red Alert 3 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
As expected the game has recieved rather mediocore reviews ( 84% metascore ). I commend the developers for putting hilarious easter eggs in the game and improving the graphics with a much needed wide color scheme and unique looking units, but all the reviews convey just what i had thought, the game was rushed and is filled with bugs, pathfinding issues, and multiplayer connection difficulties. Just leave this up to EA of course...they always rush the crap out of games, I mean C&C 3 already had a bunch of these problems ( especially multiplayer connection difficulties ), and apparently they haven't learned anything from this as expected...

either way I can't help but say I'm dissapointed...some people even argued this game would dominate SC 2 heh...( this is assuming SC2 ever comes out )

Let us know your opinion of it cvb. Just got fallout3 for a quick test before i decide if i want to buy it or not. and not sure if i want to waste more bandwidth for ra3 :/

Let us know your opinion of it cvb. Just got fallout3 for a quick test before i decide if i want to buy it or not. and not sure if i want to waste more bandwidth for ra3 :/

let me know how that torrence copy goes? You got the russian one I'm guessing

This really has no relevance AT ALL concerning how good the game is...but anyone notice how ridiculous the cover art looks? Sheesh I could have designed a better looking cover :p

( Crysis for one is one of the best looking cover arts :p...not so much in Warheads case )

russian? was fully english. I don't use torrents. rapidshare ftw. 10x the speed lol.
install, all the menus, speach, dialogue, other text, everythign english.
There isn't even anything that would suggest it's russian.
i didn't even know the english version wasn't out lol.

Anyhow the game is bloody incredible. It's just as demanding as crysis, but rightly so, it looks great. play's great too. The lack of motion blur makes it seem like it's not as smooth as crysis though, even though they run about the same FPS. I'm gonna have to overclock the card, or turn down some settings :/ no biggie though.

it's pretty cool so far, unit abilities are great, however what seems odd to me is that the tanks move as they did in RA2, in that they have no turning circle.., hey just spin round 180 which is kinda silly even for a tongue in cheek. It's weird though because the soviet Sputnik tank doesn't, it has a turning circle, and most tanks do have one if you click them somewhere which isnt too much of an angle difference from where their facing, but if you click say to their left somewhere, they just turn 90 and go, no realistic turning circle like C&C3, sorry but it bugs me lol. Planes move ok why can't tanks, boats even move without a turning circle too...:confused:

Hey just a quick question to people that've played this.

Is there an option to turn off that retarded yellow outline? I want to give it a shot, but if you can't turn off that yellow outline I'm not going to waste my bandwidth trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom