Red Alert 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard is so set from WoW that the sales from SC2 and D3 don't even matter anymore. **** they can re-vamp battle.net, provide new servers and a better system, and not even bother charging the ridiculous amount of people that will be playing both starcraft and diablo 3. They aren't as hard up for cash as you're making them seem. Yes they wan't money, every company does, but they aren't going to rush a game out just to make it. Why do you think it's taken them so long to release anything. "devellop it untill it's done".

The fact is that both games are on the list of best selling PC games ever. heck blizzard has 3 of the top 10.
Dosn't mean that blizzard isn't devoting more of its resources into the production of D3, and it also doesn't mean that they don't care about SC2 anymore. It's probably just not their main priority.
Relax. and that figure of 10 million sales (9.5 actually) also includes the sales of brood wars, the expantion pack :/

Besides, being in devellopment for umpteen years isn't even the best thing. The longer they've actually been develloping a game, the older the tech used to make and run it is going to be. It's a good thing most of SC2's time was just people sitting around a table talking, otherwise itd be using 10yo engines and desing concepts XD It's all good since it didn't even start production till later but meh.

It'll come out when it comes out, and that probably won't be for a while yet :/ like it or not, even if they have a whole "40 people" working on it, there's no big push to actually release it. It. Doesn't. Matter. as much as you think it does.

At this point in the game blizz could sit back and drink margaritas and laugh at all the companies trying to imitate wow.

Im under the assumption your post was a reply to mine in which it doesn't really make sense because I was the one who said they wouldn't delay the release of a game unless it was to make it better ( so your agreeing with me? ). I never said they were devoting more resources to SC 2, i just said its team consisted of 40 people and it was indeed making progess contrary to what that guy said. It does matter that SC2 is released at least before the 2nd half of next year because as you stated yourself, the engine is already dated. A even more significantly dated engine would give reviewers something to complain about :p they struggled to criticize SC:BW and War3:FT and always just say good things and give it a not so perfect score...really unfair :(

nice find surge, i guess they worked on the graphics a bit more. pics of the beta did seem more cartoonish than the ones you posted....looking good now. my hope is regained :]

To me those pictures actually look just like early pics. Except these pics are darker and have more contrast.

Ah I dunno that was more or less just my views on it after reading both of your arguments, yeah I do agree with parts of what both of you were saying. meh i don't even know where anyone was really goign with it now lol

New Red Alert 3 Screens Revealed | Game | Life from Wired.com
IGN: Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Pictures (PC) 2515183

Cartoonish graphics? I think not.

Akubane, when, where, and how did you get involved in this "closed beta"? It sounds like it must have been a very early version if it was as bad as you say.

08-06-2008, 05:34 PM

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/c-c-red-alert-3-limited-mp-beta-181797/ Shoulda known to post the link instead of telling people to use the search funtion :/

My 3rd post is right after i finished playing it.

it was the official mp beta not long ago. Thats a screenshot I took myself, Maximum possible settings at maximum possible resolution for my screen.

I don't know how much revamping they can do in two months considering they were at the point where they were multiplayer testing :/

It very well could have improved. I hope it did. They might have listened to the feedback and removed some of the bad things, and added other things. You make it sound like want the game to suck. give me a break :/

The main problem I had with C&C 3 wasn't the textures since they were high res and fine, it was their limited use of color scheme ( everything was green or brown...and thats about it ). Even the urban city maps didn't really look that different.

Go to starcraft2.com and scroll through the screenshots, i always loved Blizzard for their radical environments, they basically cover every terrain type known to man and even add some fictional ones ( like the twilight worlds ). More colors = better

Red alert 3 is going the colorful route as well and thats a good thing

wtf is up with the lasers and future looking tanks? turns me off the game, It's too similar to C&C3.

I do agree with your look on the C&C3 color scheme. the environments in RA3 look great. i took a tour around the available MP maps and the environments look real good. Theres only 3 Major Beefs I have with it.

One, and there is no excuse for it at all, There is only 4 building orientations. you're stuck to a grid. This is supposed to be a modified C&C3 engine (which is just a modified generals engine) and its functionality has been reversed? please. :/

This one might have been removed, who knows, but its that ungodly retarded yellow cartoon outline of all the units when you select them. There was no option to turn it off 2 months ago, and it looks terrible when you have 4 units liek in the pic above, let alone 40-100 units. yuck

3rd is the ore refinery placement being limited to one designated space only? wtf.

Other than that, and the bionic warrior carebears of death, everything's about the same.

The UI looks like crap but i can get over that ; ;

Hey as long as it's fun and it has a good amount of strategy involved I'm going to get this for sure. Even though I really don't like supporting EA and would much rather Westwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom