Red Alert 2 - Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
that still doesnt work so ill just play through 2 computers thanks anyway :)

Becaues None of my games can my Xp computer with the 98 computers could it be cause of the one of the protocol is NWLink and the others dont have this before it?

go to your network connections and right click on it. select properties. goto the advanced tab and turn off internet connection firewall. now go back to the game.....can you see the other computers now? you might have to reboot before this works

thanks again for you help but it still doesnt work I think its something to do with the setup of my IPX protocol between Windows XP and Windows 98

what i was trying to say in my last was probly more like on Windows 98 I have 'normal' IPX/SPX protocol, and on Windows xp i have NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS compatible protocol.
but shareing files is fine but in games they cannot see each other

sorry for flooding this thread should i have started a new thread?

Ive gotten this problem often with warcraft III but I doubt it.

I'm using a router and thats the problem, if you are using a router too, I'd suggest for you to switch to a modem or have a computer as a host.

Well realy i lied and gave up on it and just played it throught the internet like Don Awareh said he was doing. I felt guilty for taking up some of your time on something that wasnt working and after looking around the internet for the last cupple of days i got bord. my brother did it when he got his computer so i guess ill ask him when he next comes home and ill post it here but that wont be for a cupple of months.

I have 2pc with a wireless connection and it really dosn't work, i have tried all i can after i read many topics about the subject on the web but nothing work.

One pc can see the other but the other can't see the first one...

Maybe a router problem? However pc can share files and ping themeselves correctly...

XYZDidou do you have any software firewalls (including winxp ICF firewall) running on the two computers? can you access shared files from BOTH computers? The game does not require any ports for network play I don't think. Do you have IPX/ SPX protocol installed on both network cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom