Recommendations for games/updates for games i should get

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray_miecz

Solid State Member
Alright so here's my situation... I'm gonna post my computers info.... please post telling me some free/purchasable games that I would be able to play OR tell me a really good game and what updating i would need to do.

So basically, just tell me what would be good for what i have now or what i should upgrade in order to play <insert really good game here>

So my computers info:

CPU:
- Processor:
- Name: AMD Sempron 3000+
- Code Name: Palmero
- Brand ID: 34
- Family: F - Model: C

Clocks:

- Core Speed: 1808.5 MHz
- FSB: 200.9 MHz
- Bus Speed: ---- (doesn't say)

Mainboard:

- Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
- Motherboard Model: Salmon
- Graphic Interface Version: (doesn't say)
- Graphic Interface Transfer Rate: (doesn't say)

Memory:

- Type: DDR-SDRAM
- Size: 448 MBytes
- Frequency: 200.9 MHz

Video Card:

- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Device:
- Name: SiS 760
- Manufacturer: SiS
- Chip Type: SiS 760 Rev 00
- Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB

Driver Report:
- Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll
- Version: 6.14.0010.3671 (English)

Buy a new graphics card, that looks like onboard card and onboard cards are very weak. Get a 6800gs if you have AGP slot, or a 7800gt if you have PCIE slot.

how would i check if i have an "AGP" or "PCIE" slot? and how much would each of those cost? (I'm not good at computers at all, so please "stupid it up" for me lol)

Your motherboards manual should tell you how many PCI slots and AGP slots it has. I would search it for you but you havent given me enough details about your motherboard, cant find Salmon lol..

ok, it looks good... expensive but good.

but where physically is the video card? how would i replace it? (or in this case the AGP slot?)

You cant miss the video card in the pc. The wire from your monitor will plug into the back of your video card open your pc up and u`ll see it. Make sure your pc is off and power unplugged when changing also uninstalling the drivers of your old card. Then replace the card with your new one only one way it can go in. And put it in the same slot as your old card :)

If you get a 6800GS, make sure you don't forget to plug in the required power cable directly from the card to the PSU. I've heard of several people forgetting this as older video cards didn't require it.

NathanM said:
If you get a 6800GS, make sure you don't forget to plug in the required power cable directly from the card to the PSU. I've heard of several people forgetting this as older video cards didn't require it.
would they have that card at compusa? and if not where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom