Recommend a Good MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetahammy

Baseband Member
Anyone Recommend a good MMORPG?

I used to play Wow for a year and half now. Stopped right when the expansion came out. And now since summer is coming around and I'm getting a new gaming rig. I was wondering what does everyone suggests would be a good MMORPG to play. I heard Vanguard was somewhat decent? and perhaps Lord of the Rings Online? I just want to hear your guys suggestions. Oh yea and also if you have any other games that you wanna suggest to be tried out like some FPS and RTS. I heard Stalker is good and also C & C.

Thanks

Battlefield 2 or 2142 for FPS games are pretty good, Rainbow Six Vegas.

CnC 3 is good, but I am not too fond of the online play. too many people dont play by their own rules in the match.

Guild Wars is a good MMORPG.

I would suggest VAnguard , just know that it released early and still has some optimizations and fixes to go thru.

Everquest 2 is very good as well. you can get Echoes of Faydwer which is the original game and all 3 expansions for like 20-30 bucks.

Gunz is a free MMORPG in which you, erm, shoot stuff. You can run on walls, and use swords or guns to develop your own style. It's kind of fun, if you like that kind of stuff.

Eve Online is good for long lasting fun, not too good short term but I hear once you get into it and gain skill etc it becomes very fun. I may actually buy it this weekend and start.. been hrmm and haain over it.

Eve Online is good for long lasting fun, not too good short term but I hear once you get into it and gain skill etc it becomes very fun. I may actually buy it this weekend and start.. been hrmm and haain over it.

Agreed. When you're a noob, it can be really boring, but once you have some decent skills and can get in a big fleet battle, it can be pretty fun.

EVE Online is a really good MMO because all the character building is TIME based, not GRIND based. You are still leveling up when you are not playing.

The only thing that sux is
1. "Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space." -- Douglas Adams
Same goes for EVE Online. THere has been a few times where I start making my journey from point A to point B for a mission, and it that time, I have managed to prepare, cook and eat dinner and still come back finding myself still travelling.

2. DEATH SUX. Remember to upgrade your clone on a regulare basis. Especially after you completed your training on a rather large skill.

3. The 2 week trail period for this game is not enough to really get into it.

check out the GPotato games. GPotato
I do enjoy GPotato's Games. However some of their clients are buggy. I remember having a hard time getting the Corum client to work.

Acclaim has released a few free MMO's that are worth checking out too.
2 Moons 2moons Home Page
9 Dragons 9Dragons Home Page

Currently I am playing Phantasy Star Universe. The PC and PS2 clients play on the same servers. Xbox 360 clients are on a different server.
You might want to purchase a game pad for this game as the combat system is a lot of button bashing.
However I will recommend that you do not pay money for the client as there is no serial number brinding you the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom