Recommend a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some time I have blundered around Novalogic games maps. Their current Joint Operations is seriously long in the tooth but still kills an idle hour easily. With the assistance of a partyline chat client like Ventrilo it is common to gossip and generaly fan the breeze while beating up the bad guys for hours.
917867_20040510_790screen025.jpg

Quite probably the most redeeming feature is the user created map base. Hundreds of different problems to solve. Some people like puzzles to solve, some create simple shooting galleries with running targets that fire back.

Personally I find "deathmatch" and "Team Deathmatch" boring after 3 to 5 minutes. The Coop play feature is far more entertaining. Interestingly The Joint Op series and user created mods all feature female characters. It is entertaining to talk to a housewife shutin taking daily frustrations out on unfortunate but conveniently in reach artificial inteligences.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Q9M1FwnVhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Q9M1FwnVhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>​

^^ Delta Force 2 was the first multiplayer game I played. BEST multiplayer I have ever played also. I put countless hours into it for years. NovaLogic stopped caring about it though before they even released their next game and the cheaters ruined it. Sucks.

The other NovaLogic games great because they have very open maps...but the graphics engine is very dated and the player movement is definitely something left to be desired. Black Hawk Down was a really good one. When Delta Force Xtreme 2 came out it was a total letdown. Would be great to see them update their graphics and engine and to improve player control.

I love playing RPG/FPS kinda games. Mainly RPGs tho. Think Fallout3, mass effect, oblivion, dragon age origins, etc.

Any newer games released along these genres that I'm forgetting?

Have you played any games from the STALKER series? IMO they are as good as it gets for RPG-FPS hybrids.

Not sure if you'd like it, if you haven't really played the GTA series, but Just Cause 2. It's a decent game, but very much like GTA. It's a sand box style third person shooter (just like GTA), but more military oriented. Graphics are amazing. Easily maxed out too. I can get a "playable" 30+ fps. With your PC, you could max it out. Then again, what game can you not max out? :p

I've been getting back in to GTA IV. I still haven't beat the single player :tongue:

I played a little of JC2. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't rank it with my favourites

Have you played any games from the STALKER series? IMO they are as good as it gets for RPG-FPS hybrids.
Only Shadow of Chernobyl. That's not a bad idea actually, I never checked out the rest of the series...

Ign gave it a 9.7. That's quite impressive. I might have to pick it up in the summer if they don't announce a pc port by July or something.

Only Shadow of Chernobyl. That's not a bad idea actually, I never checked out the rest of the series...

Call of Pripyat is the sequel to Shadow of Chernobyl and also happens to be one of the few DX11 games on the market so it would be a nice test for your GTX 480s. :big_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom