Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
you must be retarded then -_-. i was just asking for games idea's cuz what i think i dont like, i might like if i try like bf2. just to get me thinkin about. i played it at a freinds house today and it was awesome and i like it now althought when i looked at it i didnt like it. but i just want some ggame ideas thrown out there because right now i have 56k modem conecting at 30kbps and its slow for downloading, until i get stalite internet which is the fastet internet i can get out where i am im stuck to bying and hoping i like it or barrowing from freinds. so yea... any FPS RPG's, racing, stratagies, or anything :D just give me ideas people i like all kinds of games but im limited to a walmart so i dont know whats all out there. thank you.

Oblivion might be a bit much for your system, but Morrowind and its expansions will run like butter for you. A buddy of mine is working his way through them, then he's buying a new computer and going on to Oblivion.

check out Quake III: Arena
it will sharpen your skills BIG time, cuz it has a FAST game engine, and is really easy on the resources.
you can pick it up pretty cheap now too, I think General found it at Amazon for under $20 USD

Even though I just got my new computer I just started to get back into morrowind. You should definitely buy the Elder scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition because it also has the 2 expansions Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Also check out the "better bodies" mod, it improves all the bodies graphically. There is also a mod called "better heads", this does the samething except it focuses on faces and hair.

You can probably find it for 20 or 30 bucks, and it should run on your computer just fine.

The mod community, and the amount of mods for this game is incredible, one of the biggest mod communities I've found.

EDIT: I found it listed at 20 dollars at target. It is well worth the money.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...ar_Edition&nAID=14110944&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

I dont know about you, because I have hughes net sattelite servie. and it sucks, I mean ya it is better then dial up but about 30% of the time it just wont work. Maybe if it was about $30 a month instead of $60 it would be understandable.

Well, based on your setup:

Go grab a few older games.

UT2k4
Morrowind
Icewin Dale 2

Those are a few older games that are absolutely great, that should run just fine on your computer.

have you tried the clancy splinter cell series, some of the older ones are really good on lower spec systems

um i have oblivian and it works fine on my system i just had to set the res down. and lol slpinter cells the only one i hgavnt beat yet is duoble agent which im working on on my xbox :D but i might have to pick up morrwind. um F.E.A.R. runs good on my system i just suck at it. Doom runs good on it to. so thanks for the ieas people. and we are going with WILDBLUE satalite internet because some people i know have it and they say its outstanding and the only time they have aa problem is during huge snowstorms. :D

huh, well the stuff we have just sucks. And I am in the same boat as you are, live in a place where it is only dial-up or sattelite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom