the real fun in pc games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
(yes its a huge paragraph just read it...)

I would just like to talk about what happend today at a freinds house. So we were playing BF2 on his pc with a raedon 9550. We played it on 1024 x 768 with evryehting off and on low settings. But we had so much fun jihading people, and kamakazieng helicopters into buildings and such! it was so much fun! ....then we played F.E.A.R. We played it on 800 x 600 with evreything off and low settings once again and we were slow moing and just having fun with the game. what Im trying to say here is if you step back and say to your self " Do I need ultra High resolutions, 20000 million FPS, and uber max settings to have fun? NO YOU DONT!! for example I saw a kid on this forums upgrade from a friggen 7800 GT to a x1900xtx....I mean seriosuly what dosent the 7800 GT run???....it just amazes me how much we all desire those high settings and such, when were so consumed with the eye candy, we dont even have fun with the game it self....just a thought that I felp like posting.....and I understand if you disagree....

Indeed that dude is ridiculous. I saw that myself and couldn't believe it.

I had the best time at my friends house playing megaman 2 on his old NES.

No you don't have to have great graphics to have fun, but it sure helps :D

I remember soldier of fortune 2 was my favorite MP game back in the day. I had to run that on the lowest possible settings because I was running on a Gf2 Ti 64mb card. The people were stick figures, but I still loved the game.

I was playing through Unreal 1 a few days ago, its great stuff! I highly reccomend playing it, it really is a fantastic game. Just ask Harper.

It's really frustrating when people make stupid accusations of how such-and-such game wont' run at such-and-such resolution with todays hardware, and you need SLI and blah blah blah. I hear it all the time, and I'm not worried or bothered if my 6800 won't play a game with max detail. there's no shame in turning down settings. As long as it runs, your ok. Oblivion is a good example of this, people wont' STFU over the graphics and how it will run even though that everyone will have no problem playing it and the gameplay is goign to be so good, your not going to care anyway.

yeah, I won't be able to go 100x AA and 500x AF with maxed out settings at 2000x1500 resolution on oblivion, but of course it'll still look dang good and the game play should be awesome :D

That's the downfall of a lot of todays games. All graphics, no gameplay.

I like eye candy for my games but I can't afford a 7800 so my bog standard 6600 will have to do. I can't get **AA and **AF but I don't care, I really enjoy playing PC games. When I buy a game I set my resolution and graphical settings to what my computer can handle and stick with that. I bet I still have as much fun as the guy with the x1900xtx. The only problem nowadays is that devolopers are increasing the minimum requirements up and up. The games are getting shorter and shorter with the average fps now only lasting 10-12 hours (HL2 the exception). What I would like to see is graphics reaching a plataeu and devolopers concentrating on fleshing out their games to last alot longer than 10 hours. Here's hoping.

What about the guy who sold his X1900XT for a 7900GTX, that is ridiculous. The reason I'm getting an X1900XT is because I want something that will last me a while. I plan on getting the G90/R700 or whatever they are going to call it. People need to focus on gameplay then graphics, this is why I want UT2K7 so bad because it has both.

so long as the game has playable framerates, its fine. i mean, i completed fear on my old x300se.

this is why I want UT2K7 so bad because it has both.
how do you know it has both? All the unreal games I've ever played are boring as crap, so unless they do something drastic I see this one being the same, just newer graphics.

The other night, I dusted off my copy of X-COM: UFO Defense and played for about 6 hours. The graphics suck, but the gameplay is oh so good :D

Since it has the same gameplay as the UT series I am going to like it. It has good graphics obviously from demos and screenshots. You, Nubius, just don't see a good game :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom