RavenShield Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindApex

In Runtime
Hey, I'm having problems with playing ravenshield in terms of fps. Here's my system specs:

Processor: P4 1.7 Ghz
Memory: 512 MB SDRAM
GFX: Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB

I used to play on a Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MB and had no problems, but now my fps drops to like 20-30 on the LOWEST settings.

It might be that my card isn't getting enough power? Any suggestions?

Your CPU is creating a huge arse bottleneck:rolleyes: The best damn GFX card out there ain't gonna do squat if the CPU can't handle it:confused: Plus, are you really running SDRAM and not DDR SDRAM?? Thats too slow aswell:rolleyes: DDR runs at twice the speed:confused:

would it help any to buy a new case and power supply? i'm probably somewhere in the 200watt range (Sony computer) right now

Umm, well your supposed to have atleast 300 watt PS for the 9800 Pro, so yeah:p But thats not slowing the card down though, its everything is bottlenecking the 9800 Pro, cause its too fast for everything else you have:confused:

1.7 Ghz processor should do just fine in Raven Shield, I really don't think thats the problem. It is your PSU though, 200 or 300 won't cut it, because you 9800 needs a cord running from the PSU, so that's probably it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom