RAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I bought RAGE the Anarchy Edition today.

Anybody else get it ?

Takes about 25 GB of HD space.

I had to disable my sli to get good frames per second....I assume some new drivers shall fix that.

I just received my review copy so its installing. 21gb almost on the dot. I hear there is a lot of not good things about it but I will make the final decision in my review haha.

I have downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers and have left the auto update feature on....hopefully a nice sli profile is on the way.

I still get alittle bit of screen tearing and a small amount of texture popping, nothing serious, but I still wish it did not exist. Hopefully this will be fixed.

Overall I am really liking the game.

It runs smooth as a baby's butt on one GTX 260 @ 1920x1080 8XAA

The gun sounds are off the hook.

Some texture look alot better than others...some are not so good.

A texture mod would be awsome for this game.

There is also static lighting, and tbh, that does not really bother me, as the game still looks good and plays good on my end.

I run at 60fps BUT I cannot record worth crap. Which sucks since most of our reviews are video based.. I drop to like 10 fps when recording. Tried turning off AA and no go.

I must have bad taste, as much bad press as this game is getting...lol

I am having alot of fun with it.

There are some bad textures, but it is made to run on x-box...so there you go.

Engine is as smooth as Crysis 2

Seems like ID is really out of their game. IMO this looks like an updated version of Doom 3 with a hint of Fallout. I mean, for something that was supposed to supersede Doom, it really looks like crap IMO. I hope gameplay is at least decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom