Racing Simulators/Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried any of the gran turismo games? they seem good. i havent played the gt5 one, only gt4 on ps2, but it felt pretty "real" to me because i had come from need for speed games. almost too real though, every like 2 laps, i had to change tires...

i had never played grid, and i played the demo on live two days ago. i like the racing, i dont like how there are kids just kicking people for fun though...

I like the motorstorm games even if they aren't much of simulator games. I rented gt5 prologue, and I got bored. Motorstorm is the way to go.

have you tried any of the gran turismo games? they seem good. i havent played the gt5 one, only gt4 on ps2, but it felt pretty "real" to me because i had come from need for speed games. almost too real though, every like 2 laps, i had to change tires...

i had never played grid, and i played the demo on live two days ago. i like the racing, i dont like how there are kids just kicking people for fun though...

I can't find any info on the PC version of GT5, although there's suppose to be one. Grid isn't bad, but never will I play online with it.

I like the motorstorm games even if they aren't much of simulator games. I rented gt5 prologue, and I got bored. Motorstorm is the way to go.

I liked them, but go rid of my PS3 a while back.

I'd buy this, if I could get the mod setup you have.

For real sims look into Race07 and GTR Evolution. GTR Evolution is pretty sweet. Another good one is GTR2.

rF is a pretty sweet sim.

Do you have a sim setup? I haven't raced in a long while but I have a setup that I have some fun with.

G25 & Playseat Evolution, perfect combo because the G25 bolts directly into this race seat. I made a little holder for the H pattern shifter. Works great.

For real sims look into Race07 and GTR Evolution. GTR Evolution is pretty sweet. Another good one is GTR2.

rF is a pretty sweet sim.

Do you have a sim setup? I haven't raced in a long while but I have a setup that I have some fun with.

G25 & Playseat Evolution, perfect combo because the G25 bolts directly into this race seat. I made a little holder for the H pattern shifter. Works great.

I have the G25, and will be selling it once the G27 comes out, to get the G27. It's not a sim setup, but it works.

GT5 isnt coming out on PC.

I just played the DiRT 2 Playstation3 demo that came out today, it's brilliant - leaps and bounds better than the original DiRT. The graphics are very good, even compared to PC games, the sounds are very good, the crash realism is even better and some crashes can be quite spectacular yet realistic and most importantly the rally cars seem to handle realistically with good weight and a sense of speed.

I would highly recommend it when it comes out.

I too am buying a Logitech G27. My first proper steering wheel, the only other one i've used cost £20 for my old xbox 360, so it should be much better !. But i am buying it because there is an abundance of good racing games coming out, Gran Turismo 5 - DiRT 2 - NFS Shift. All different styles, yet all as fun. Although i'm sure i will prefer GT5 the most. I've wanted this game for.. oo... since the PS3 came out ? yeah i've been waiting awhile :p Yet still after all these years how much do we know about the game? very very little. Polyphony Digital and Sony refuse to give details on the game :(

edit:

That MX Simulator a joke ? I mean i'm all for wanting good gameplay over graphics, but that is just stupid. In all seriousness i could make the Bike's from the driving view look better by making them in Paint :eek:

GT5 isnt coming out on PC.

I just played the DiRT 2 Playstation3 demo that came out today, it's brilliant - leaps and bounds better than the original DiRT. The graphics are very good, even compared to PC games, the sounds are very good, the crash realism is even better and some crashes can be quite spectacular yet realistic and most importantly the rally cars seem to handle realistically with good weight and a sense of speed.

I would highly recommend it when it comes out.

I too am buying a Logitech G27. My first proper steering wheel, the only other one i've used cost £20 for my old xbox 360, so it should be much better !. But i am buying it because there is an abundance of good racing games coming out, Gran Turismo 5 - DiRT 2 - NFS Shift. All different styles, yet all as fun. Although i'm sure i will prefer GT5 the most. I've wanted this game for.. oo... since the PS3 came out ? yeah i've been waiting awhile :p Yet still after all these years how much do we know about the game? very very little. Polyphony Digital and Sony refuse to give details on the game :(

edit:

That MX Simulator a joke ? I mean i'm all for wanting good gameplay over graphics, but that is just stupid. In all seriousness i could make the Bike's from the driving view look better by making them in Paint :eek:

Is the Dirt 2 demo not released in the US or something? I cannot find it.

AS for the G27 that wheel looks pretty much like the G25 with barely any upgrades. But hey if it's not broke don't try to fix it right? Looks pretty sweet. I think the only reason I would get it is if they did a much better job on the 6 speed shift. It's way to easy to shift. Should feel more like a real car. If they did this then I'm gonna be broke! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom