quick question about WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asking, do you need to have really good gear to play well in pvp, or is it more skill-based to where if u pick good skills u can kill someone in pvp. but ok thanks 4 reply

There are no skills involved in MMOs, it's all the stats. Although Guild Wars claim "Skill determines victory in every battle, not hours played."

chickenfoot said:
There are no skills involved in MMOs, it's all the stats....

I couldn't disagree more, but we're all entitled to our own opinion.

In response to the original poster, certain classes in WOW are more heavily dependant on their equipment than others but by enlarge (and in comparison to other MMO's I've played) the difference between the equipment out there isn't big enough to make that much of a difference when it comes down to it. Everyone has a chance to get their hands on what's out there anyway be that by way of instance/dungeon drops from mobs, crafted items, or pvp honour ranking rewards.

If you're talking one-on-one duels, I guess it goes without saying that equipment will make a difference. If you're talking group battles, raids and the impending battlegrounds (hurry up Blizz!)then equipment will make even less of a difference.

Ultimately, it's the class type you play that will be the decider in the outcome of fights.

Shirtbird said:
I was asking, do you need to have really good gear to play well in pvp, or is it more skill-based to where if u pick good skills u can kill someone in pvp. but ok thanks 4 reply

Depends on your class.
Like Rogues are populare if you just want to gank people.

Ok thanks for the replys, I should be getting this game in a week and a half...my only income is lunch money :(

Fry's had a big sale over the weekend, there 20th anniversery so WoW was only $35.00. But I buy it, take it home, start installing it then it turns out I have to buy a game card to enable the first free month. Because I dont like credit cards. So it ended up being $65.00 anyway. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom