Questions on WoW and Guild Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I recently bought a system that came with both games. Since I don't play them, I uninstalled them. I am now considering selling them.

My question is this: for online play, does either game system key into the specific CD? In other words, once someone has used that particular CD to register and play online, could someone else use the same CD to register (different account) and play?

I didn't record the account username, and the dude didn't send the passwords anyway. Plus, he has not answered my PMs. At least the hardware and software was worth the money (even if he didn't send the Windows disk or speakers... almost enough to make me become a stalker).

When you install these games you have to enter in and register a cd key on line before you even set up your account. The cd-key is specific to your account so i believe that those games are worthless without the account info. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy is still playing on those accounts since the discs are not required once the game is installed.

Oh well. That sucks.

I only have the serials for HL2 and F.E.A.R., so I guess I got ripped on the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom