Question regarding framerate and F.E.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dave

Beta member
I just bought F.E.A.R. and started playing it, but its really choppy and such. I assume thi is the framerate, but I'm not really sure, as I'm not much of a computer tech knowledgable person.

Is there any way I can better the frame rate (or the situation if its not the frame-rate), cuz right now its not worth playing.

Oh ok, sorry.
I'm not sure how to look up the exact specs on my computer. How do I find this out?

ok I have something else he could try.
1. go into the start menu and right click on MY COMPUTER
2. click on manage
3. find the file DEVICE MANAGER and click on it.
4. now in this colum find DISPLAY ADAPTERS, double click it and it should tell you what video card you have.
5. Now scroll down the colum some more until you come to proccessers and double click it. This will tell you your CPU.

Give us the Proccesser name and the Video card name (display adapter. Then we can help you further :)

ya it does, ok for a start do you know how to adjust the graphic or video settings in-game on FEAR?

If so turn all your video/ graphic settings to the lowest ie: anti anilising, texture mode, lighting effects. stuff like that. also you screen resolution, try turing it down a little and see if that helps.

And on the FEAR box their should be something called minimum system requirments compare the proccesser and graphic card info on that to yours and see if your is equal if not better.

ok so I looked up the min. sys. req. for it and your computer definetly surpasses them. so if you just turn your graphics down and lower yout in game screen resolution it should quite do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom