Question about Crysis PC

Runfox

In Runtime
I have a new high speed computer I am building and will now be able to play anything. So I was wanting to play some of the games Toms Hardware uses for bench testing graphics now that I will be able to. I was looking at Crysis, but read on some reviews about securom 7 that installs with crysis warhead. DRM that EA puts in the game that is supposed to prevent Piracy. I don't know much about it but it looks like a problem to get rid of.
So Im wondering if this will be a problem, or should I stay clear of crysis or what?

What PC games would you all recommend if you were in my place? Are there some games that will be a problem like Crysis? I want to try all the Far cry series, and of course Modern Ware fare 3. And call of Duty black Ops. I have COD4.

The major games recently that I have seen with always-on DRM are Diablo 3, and Sim City (reboot).

I didn't know Crysis 3 had DRM, but I don't blame them. The CEO of Xrytek in 2008 estimated that 5% of the people playing Crysis had bought it.

Do you mean you want suggestions of games that don't have this feature? :)

I was just wondering if the DRM was a problem, I would regret buying and installing it later?

I thought it was the original crysis that had the drm, and it was removed by a later patch... Hmm. If you are looking for games to play, there are bunches :p

Yeah it was, I haven't even finished it lol. However, they released a 64 bit patch for the first one and decided not to with crysis warhead, right?

I have a new high speed computer I am building and will now be able to play anything. So I was wanting to play some of the games Toms Hardware uses for bench testing graphics now that I will be able to. I was looking at Crysis, but read on some reviews about securom 7 that installs with crysis warhead. DRM that EA puts in the game that is supposed to prevent Piracy. I don't know much about it but it looks like a problem to get rid of.
So Im wondering if this will be a problem, or should I stay clear of crysis or what?

What PC games would you all recommend if you were in my place? Are there some games that will be a problem like Crysis? I want to try all the Far cry series, and of course Modern Ware fare 3. And call of Duty black Ops. I have COD4.
It was patched out later. You wont have a problem with it.

crysis is a great game graphically and concept wise.
I personally found it repetitive so I stopped playing it before I completed it, I must admit it did have beautiful graphics. If this game was $15 I would not buy it, I would spend that money on some other game.

My friend was doing Nvidia 3D with his 680 on his beautiful $700 3D 120HZ monitor. It was so awesome words cant explain, his TV was so good alone, the colors were so great!

The first Crysis IMO wasn't that good looking.

When it came out, it definitely blew every other game out there out of the water, and the expansion that game out only a year later I believe held the title for the best looking game on the market for 3 full years until BF3 was released. Crysis 2 does not look as good.

Back
Top Bottom