Question about buying MF2 on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have MF2 for Xbox360 but I am itching to get it on PC. I found it on craigslist for $35. How do I know if I can use the KEY? How does that work any way because I have never bought a used PC game. Does the key work on a certain # of computers? I don't want to get the game and then the Key not work

Idk, I would be scared steam would be like this key has already been registered to a different account or something. You don't need the discs to play...

I have MF2 for Xbox360 but I am itching to get it on PC. I found it on craigslist for $35. How do I know if I can use the KEY? How does that work any way because I have never bought a used PC game. Does the key work on a certain # of computers? I don't want to get the game and then the Key not work

If that key is already registered, Steam won't let the registered account delete the key, for use on another account. Best way would be to contact Steam to see if the key is already in use. If the person still has the original receipt, ask for it, and Valve MAY be able to do a CD key reset, but that would possibly run into problems for the person that sold it, if they did register the game.

A friend of mine bought a comp on ebay and CSS came with it.. It was already registered on an account, but he emailed steam, sent them a picture of the CD Key and they gave him the whole account, lol.

Ok so update. Let me throw this at ya. He said I should be fine playing MP and he would just GIVE ME his Steam account.....

so if he did is there some way I can merge it to my account?

No, one of the big things about steam is it prevents people from re selling games. They are not going to allow you to merge accounts, even if you have the disc.

I would not go about buying a game this way anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom