question

Status
Not open for further replies.

knt406

Beta member
i just bought a computer that i thought would be able to run FEAR flawlessly, but it doesn't...
here are the specs.
Athlon 64 X2 2.2 ghz
2 gigs of ddr2 ram
nvidia geforce 7300le with turbo cache supporting up to 256 mb of ram..
the computer is extremely laggy when you put the settings all the way up, and fairly laggy on medium...
is there something that i'm doing wrong or is it that the machine that i bought just isn't what i thought it would be?
please help...

umm weird cuz i have

intel 3.0, gig of ram, X700 ATI card and i can run them on high if i turn on volume lighting or something and vsync those options kill me for some reason but high on everything else and i get 35-40 fps in the test and runs good durning the ****, on med. it flies.

your specs should be able to handle it fine id think, maybe you have a software issue with your OS, maybe even a registry problem or spyware draining your system.

update all your drivers, your chipset, your bios, your video, check your heat temps your system could be overheating causing the lagg.

thats about all i can suggest.

The problem would be the 7300LE. That's not exactly a powerful card.

It was $60, you can't expect to play a new game on a $60 card at completely high specs. That card only has 4 pixel pipelines as well. That thing really isn't meant to tackle these newer games coming out.

ok

all right... thanks for the help...
what graphics card would you guys recommend for high-end graphics games, at a reasonable price of course..?

What socket is your processor? (I'm just checking)

Also, for suggestion's sake, what GPU type do you have? AGP or PCI-E?

FEAR is one of the most heavey graphical game out. even w/ my system (x2 4800+ @ 2.8, 7800GTX512, 2G RAM) it only runs smooth (no fps under 50) w/1024x768, HDR on, all High settings. anything above that res will lag. If you want higher res + HDR + high settings, u need decent card (78/900 GT/X) SLi'd. and its not worth it for the money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom