QuakeLive: Quake3 re-incarnated in your browser, completely free

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was me, I still have huge gripes with Quake 3

1. no friggin intelligent auto switch system like the one in UT
2. starting weapon is so pathetically weak, the entire game turns into a search for a better weapon because your helpless with your primary
3. some maps barely have any weapons which just exacerbates point 2

Q3 is probably not the best of team vs team or FFA, but for 1v1 its unbeatable IMO. I feel like the starting weapon's weakness adds a good curve to the game, and many of the CTF maps the spawns have good weapons. And its only a matter of picking the good maps.

it was me, I still have huge gripes with Quake 3

1. no friggin intelligent auto switch system like the one in UT
2. starting weapon is so pathetically weak, the entire game turns into a search for a better weapon because your helpless with your primary
3. some maps barely have any weapons which just exacerbates point 2

If you started with a good weapon, there would be little point in other weapons being placed around the map. And it would mean there is no point in learning the powerup/weapon spawn layout on the maps - which is what being pro on Q3 and QuakeL is all about.

If you started with a good weapon, there would be little point in other weapons being placed around the map. And it would mean there is no point in learning the powerup/weapon spawn layout on the maps - which is what being pro on Q3 and QuakeL is all about.

I didn't say to make the starting weapon a good one, but a decent one. Being helpless without another weapon is a bad trade off.

UT3 has it perfect, where your starting pistol, although seemingly weak in comparison, can still allow you to defend yourself and pick off a weak enemy with enough accurate placed shots.

Q3s starting machine gun on the other hand, is so weak, your basically better off just running away completely instead of trying to fire back while retreating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom