Quake3 v1.16 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
man all I can find is the v1.32 point release....1.16 is what everyone says is the best.....don't know why exactly =/

If I remember correctly, if you don't have the latest point release (1.32) you will not be able to play online. I remember not being allowed onto any servers.

Why would someone want an older patch for something anyway? Just seems like it would introduce more compatability problems.

I have v1.11 now and I can play online. Everyone says 1.16 is better than 1.32 but they never give a good reason why....

I wonder if I download the patch if it will mess up my game......nevermind about that.

I'm not sure what to say about that. Here is the link from Planet Quake

http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/files.shtml

Read directly under Point Releases which says and I quote:

"To play online, you'll need the latest point release, which is 1.32 for Windows, Linux, Mac Classic and Mac OSX."

1.32 will be so much more compatible and will run better. I use it and have no problems at all. I started with 1.27g and went right to 1.32. If you really want 1.16 here is a link I found.

http://q3a.clanbase.com/files.php

Near the bottom of the page under update, patch, demo

thanks.......too bad I already downloaded 1.32.....

bah I can't even get into any servers now because almost all of the 1.32 servers (there are about 1600) are running Punkbuster!

I guess I'll have to acually buy the game now. :p

Ok i played Q3 for a long time now. There is no difference between the .11 and .16 version. And .32 is like a hole new game...32 has much better players.. way better then .16. I never had .16 i just used .11 download the All Seeing Eye it will help you find more servers in .11...but DO NOT connect through it. Also there is so many updates for .32 it sucks. You will be fine with .11 no need for .16.

As I said before I have 1.32 installed right now. What is wrong with 1.32? "it has so many updates it sucks" <==what does this mean?

Also I have Xfire which is like All Seeing Eye. Why should I not connect to games throught All Seeing Eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom