Quake Live thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
If you haven't signed up to Quake Live, do so. It's basically Quake 3 Arena multiplayer, but free with stats, profile, leaderboards, and ranking. You play Quake Live in your internet browser windowed or full screen. Go to Quakelive.com and sign up now for free!

First, post your name and your favorite stage, game type, weapon, and model you have picked. Feel free to talk anything related to Quake Live in this thread. Updates, comments, rantings, anything. We all want to play with each other in this game and figure out who is the best, so let's get fragging!

Name: Wildside
Current Favorites: Temple of Retribution, Free For All, Gauntlet
Model: Visor

favorites will change overtime, just started three days ago. I wish I could change my model. He's the coolest one in my opinion, but too bad I can't change him.

my names Gabb
dunno the map names, some are terribly designed with barely any weapons
model: that skeleton cause its the hardest to see at times :p

I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to invest time in Quake live or UT3. Quake live is more accessible for everyone, but theres a lot of faults I find with it. One thing I mentioned was your starting weapon is so pathetically weak, that death match games are basically a desperate hunt for weapons where your helpless without anything besides ur default gun, and many maps don't have enough weapons to player ratios, and well no matter how good you are, getting machine gun kills against a guy weilding a rocket launcher is a very time and skill consuming process. UT3 doesn't have this problem because it has a lot of weapons ( with quick respawns ) and your standard weapon can actually get kills with enough hits. Also the lack of an intelligent quick switch is also an unforgivable bummer on Quake 3s part. Oh and UT3 has way more variety in terms of modes :p

Is Bounce available? I loved that map used to be dead on with the rail gun when I got king of the kill.

I didn't think there was a computer in existance that couldn't run Q3 in modern times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom